• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not exactly a newby

wizzbang

Hello everybody,

As you can probably see from my tracker I am not exactly new but I have had a manic two year blip!
I was doing Cambridge and did quite well but had some problems and strayed from the path.
I have decided I want to have Gastric Bypass surgery and I will be hopefully contacting hospitals/clinics on monday to get info together so that I can make a decision on where to have it done.
I want to go private.
Does anybody have any suggestions, or stories regarding where they went for their surgery in the Manchester or surrounding areas or perhaps even recommendations.
I would really really appreciate any advice anbody could give.
I currently weigh about 26 stone. Lordy Lordy, how did it get this bad!!

Lynne x

Hi Wizz and :welcome: to WLS....I had my op at Salford Royal and Mr Ammori was the surgeon. He has a reputation thats second to none! He does private through the Spire I think it is. Have you tried the NHS route? Good Luck with your weightloss journey XX

Thanks for you response Dotty, so quick too. You know what its like when you have spent all day on the comp looking for answers and it gets so frustraiting.
I dont want to wait for nhs funding. I am already 50'alot lol and dont want to wait.
I will google your surgeon and see where he is based. Thank you.
Good luck with the rest of your journey too.
Lynne xx

Last edited:
ooh good luck with the surgery..... dont know how u VLCDers do it...no food!!

I'm starting to get excited now lol.
Roll on monday! Lets hope i'm on the operating table in a fortnight lol.
Lynne x

I think it is because sometimes food can be used as a self harm tool and that makes it a bit easier when you dont have to have any at all.

Lynne x

I think it is because sometimes food can be used as a self harm tool and that makes it a bit easier when you dont have to have any at all.

Lynne x

yeah u r right....but to not eat at all.... thats TOUGH!

damn it weight loss in general is tough! haha:17729:

Hi Lynne

Good luck on your journey!

My surgeon Mr Khurshid Akhtar also operates in Manchester at the Spire.

I had my band with WLS Group, they charge £8,995 for a bypass at Manchester.

x x x

not sure hunny as im on the nhs waiting for a bypass but i just wanted to wish you luck on your journey xxx

Back