• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hunger

Nellyphant

Will I ever feel it again? 2 weeks post op tomorrow and still haven't felt hungry. I make sure I eat 4 times a day with protein at each because I still get low blood sugar wobbles and with a chronic fatigue condition I need the energy but otherwise I think I could go all day without eating.

This is a typical day for me (on puree):
B: soft cheese or mashed up cottage cheese or mashed egg and lighter than ligt mayo (about a tablespoon)
L: puree curry/beef stew etc (half a tin)
D: same as above
S: LF custard with a desertspoon of puree fruit

I was the same at ur stage had to remind myself to eat sometimes but now Im hungry at every meal time still full on small amounts but seems Im always hungry lately but Im able to avoid eating crap still x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using WLSurgery

I still don't get classic hunger. But I have learned what I call bypass hunger is. I feel a bit weak or faint and know I need to eat. If I am out and about and have to just keep going without eating I get something similar to classic hunger, but still not the same x

I'm nearly 11mths post op & eating is still because it's a meal time rather than I'm hungry. However head hunger is my problem as if I'm not occupied with something to distract myself at the times I used to sit & stuff myself pre-op it's easy to fall into old bad habits. The amounts may not be as large as before but it's still not a habit I should let back in.

Thats why you have to make the most of the loss of appetite now cos it does come back!

I'm never hungry I don't feel a thing. If I eat a bit or I don't my body feels the same.
Not sure if that's what should be happening :z

Fading Grace said:
I'm never hungry I don't feel a thing. If I eat a bit or I don't my body feels the same.
Not sure if that's what should be happening :z

Everyone is so different, there is no right or wrong. More a luck of the draw :)

I didnt start feeling hungry till I was 4 maybe 5 months post bypass before they I hadnt felt hunger and wud eat cause it was meal times, so things can change, but my amount I'm able to eat has'nt changed x

I havent really had proper hunger either and i'm 9 months post I know when i need to eat the signs are different to what they used to be but i still eat meal times its my body clock. Don tworry bout it just keep on track xx

When the head hunger strikes if I don't resist I log what I eat & try to eat the sensible healthy things rather than the old bad foods. Logging it makes me responsible for what I eat & if I use my calories on rubbish I need to do some exercise to earn enough calories to ensure I can eat the required protein, if I haven't had protein in my head hunger snack.

I'm at a similar stage and I so know what you mean. I have to remind myself to eat, don't feel hungry, dont want to eat, don't drink extra water (even in this heat). I have just started my fitness pal (as recommended by wls posters) and log everything to ensure im getting enough - especially protein. A milky drink feels like a meal. I still cook, love the smell but just don't want to eat - My mother is incredulous at what she thinks s my will power!
When I return to work I may get into better routines.

I never had the cant face food feeling. But don't have classic hunger either. I feel quite lucky. As I didn't want the cant face food feeling.

My bypass experience is slow and steady weight loss, can tolerate most foods (not tried choc, cake etc. dont want to) and can drink well. I feel lucky. Another person would hate my experience.

And like sc said, it all changes anyway. What a head trip! Lol

I have anti food days. Those days my whole family suffers because I just don't want anything to do with food. Eventually am forced to eat because I feel shaky. But as I plan ahead there is usually something healthy I can whip up. The rest of the time I get 'bubbles' in my tummy when I've left it 30 minutes too long. Don't know how else to describe it.

Yvessa said:
I have anti food days. Those days my whole family suffers because I just don't want anything to do with food. Eventually am forced to eat because I feel shaky. But as I plan ahead there is usually something healthy I can whip up. The rest of the time I get 'bubbles' in my tummy when I've left it 30 minutes too long. Don't know how else to describe it.

I can relate to that. I sometimes get the bubbling. Or I get faint, dizzy or weak. Makes me think I hardly ever experienced real hunger pre op. I think it was mainly head hunger xxx

I think I was always still full from the last meal. The size of my preop portions boggles me now.

Same here! I remember going out and eating a 16oz steak, chips or jacket, peas and then sharing a chocolate monster ice cream bowl!!! The thought turns my stomach now lol

Sometimes I want to. Like I see my plate and I want more on it, but I just can't. I can't force food when I know I'm full. And feeling full makes me feel satisfied. And then I feel so relieved and grateful for my bypass. Who would have ever thought I'd feel grateful that someone took a stapler to my insides??

Yvessa said:
Sometimes I want to. Like I see my plate and I want more on it, but I just can't. I can't force food when I know I'm full. And feeling full makes me feel satisfied. And then I feel so relieved and grateful for my bypass. Who would have ever thought I'd feel grateful that someone took a stapler to my insides??

Just before I read this the reality of having staples inside me made me go yuck!!! Lol. Then I logged in and saw your message and it made me giggle.

I an grateful too. This is giving me my best chance of ever being healthy. I love it :D

I think I was always still full from the last meal. The size of my preop portions boggles me now.

I'm so ashamed of the amount of food I could eat before :sigh: yesterday I couldn't even manage a full pot of yogurt. Right now I'm eating the other half and I really don't want it, I feel I never want to eat or drink again :confused:

Back