• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery abroad

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanessawhinn

Hi all i havent been on in a while i had my wrap done last year.
Please please please if you are going to have a wrap dont go through what i did.

After my full life of been obese I finally decided that surgery was the only option for me but could never afford the prices here in England.
I put it to the back of mind a good friend told me about surgery abroad, i thought i would get a quote i spoke to the lady who runs the company she first offered the sleeve which i wanted and i was happy i filled in the questionnaire and waited for response 3 weeks later she came back and said she was no longer offering the sleeve and told me about the gastric wrap provided by mediczch(obkinka) i did some research and decided to go ahead i paid a deposit the day after things seam to go quiet as before i paid my deposit she would message me everyday talk to me ring me like a friend she seamed really nice my fears came around 3 months later when one of the ladies came back from the surgery and told us that she had in fact stopped losing weight when i questioned this it was like world war 3 i got bombarded by other employees making out they was offering support when in fact it was just to get me to go ahead with surgery i asked to cancel it but was told no refundable even though id signed no contract.
scared of losing 2000 a went ahead after i spoke to the lady, who spent 2 hours on the phone talking me round saying it would be the best thing i ever did blah blah blah i had my surgery i lost 1 stone myself before the surgery as the weeks went on i began to stop losing the weight i also found i could eat alot more food i was only supposed to eat 150 grams of food i could eat a whole meal when i asked her she blamed me said i was eating the wrong food if the surgery had been done properly i shouldnt be able to consume no way near the amount i can all you get is abuse off the facebook page and no surport ive lost a grand total of 2 stone in 10 months i could have done this myself on any diet program if your considering surgery go with another company i works for a few weeks then when ur tummy settles it goes back.

To sum it up be careful who you use, they take ur money and then dont care im left devastated and 5000 in debt i also put my self through surgery for nothing and all i get is her unqualified helpers butting in who havent even had surgery
Any help you ask for you get treat like a child and spoken to like ur an idiot what i am far from.
also you get removed from her group if u complain and she deletes all reviews she can on you tube con artist.

:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience :( I'm sure your post will be useful feedback to anyone considering a procedure there x x

So sorry to hear about such a bad experience and I have heard before that there are companies that get all of their negative reviews removed, well at least they can't do that on this site. I am going to Cz Rep in just over a week, Im going directly with the surgeon and there is no middle person but I think I must have looked everywhere for reviews and info. This site was brilliant as I could look at such a wealth of knowledge and experience. Thanks for posting, I'm sure your experience will help many, xx

So sorry to hear about such a bad experience and I have heard before that there are companies that get all of their negative reviews removed, well at least they can't do that on this site. I am going to Cz Rep in just over a week, Im going directly with the surgeon and there is no middle person but I think I must have looked everywhere for reviews and info. This site was brilliant as I could look at such a wealth of knowledge and experience. Thanks for posting, I'm sure your experience will help many, xx

What was your experience after the opt?

Hi Vanessa

AM sorry to hear of your bad experience. ..

I suppose it is a lesson for us all that whatever operation we have have, it is only a tool and we need to get our head around our eating behaviours ..

Take care Vanessa
Hope you manage to get your wrap working for you

Nicky

I was going to have a band but have recently started thinking about wrap .....but this is making me question things.

Glad to hear its worked out for you in the end and have had excellent results with your sleeve x

Glad your doing well now. I also had problems with my wrap, almost identical to yours. Made to feel terrible by the providors. All my hopes and dreams sank with the failure of the wrap, along with my bank account. So dissapointed.

I think we all need to do our own research.

I did, and I opted for a wrap in the UK. Couldn't be happier. I had it done early March and have gone from a size 24 / 26 to a 16 / 18 so far.

Hii Sarah, Can I ask where you had your wrap done in the UK?

TIA.x

I think we all need to do our own research.

I did, and I opted for a wrap in the UK. Couldn't be happier. I had it done early March and have gone from a size 24 / 26 to a 16 / 18 so far.

Hi Sarah,
I am seriously considering the wrap after weighing up the options of a band and balloon.
My weight is roughly what your start weight was and you seem to have done brilliantly.
I've a few questions if you dont mind answering them? x

@Princess Rosie, @sarahloveswelshcobs is the lady I mentioned in your thread, who has now converted to a sleeve. As has the original poster of this thread, which was started in 2013.

Can you please stick to posting on (at least) current year threads, most of the contributors no longer post on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back