• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Going abroad?! ?

I had surgery in le harve France with Frenchsurgeries on 15/10/14 cost £5400 for mini gastric bypass one of few ops that can be reversed.small scars left after as no open surgery was needed also no need for liver shrinking diet pre op,as no need to shrink liver for this op.caught ferry from Portsmouth to le harve(£75 inc rtn cabin)hotel is 10 mins walk away from port.another person can also stay gratis 2nites hotel,2nites hos,1nite hotel again all taxis inc to & from hotel-hos.£200 was paid to company for ins that covers for reversal if needed for upto one year.ive lost 2 stone 5lb since op.and I'm doing good.although I've struggled with lack of energy which I'm putting down to being dehydrated.there is no aftercare package so the NHS can bail you out as you paid for surgery out of your own pocket which will ultimately save them thrice as much in the long run ah ha.check out all who has had mini gastric bypass on this site and fire away with the questions I can't understand why not this op compared to other options(other than costs & body tolerance).the hag who deals with you though,a miss tulia law is an over talking ignoramus whos just a lap dog to a Geoff Lord who talks from a land where the clouds are purple yet unfortunately so distant from real people who unlike him talk through there mouths not from there arse. Just thought I'd give you France as another option if you can put up with tweedle dee & tweedle dum.the sleeve or band is £3000 or so I think.

Pmsl ??? the hag that deals with you. I almost pee'd laughing.
Thanks, I'll look into it. Do the do full on bypass too? I've defo made my mind up that's what I'm having xx

Lol Marcos.... Really selling it there!. Not!.... Dr Chris does full bypass, sleeve , band etc... I had the mini gastric bypass same as Marcos but the guy I dealt with was lovely and rather handsome!.... Always a bonus I find! .... If you know you want a bypass do check out the MGB also. :)... There are UK after care clinics with mine but probably needed more for banders having fills etc. you get a letter to your GP saying what they have done and telling the GP what blood tests etc you will require but it doesn't come with a dietitian, just basic initial advice on fluids to purée to normal food etc. make sure you talk to your GP prior and ask for their support if you go ahead.

lol Mazza I think Clair was jokingly referring to the rules that some support forums have about naming surgeons and providers..

I've known Clair a long time and she has a very dry sense of humour..

We were both on the minimin site in the exante section prior to my getting a bypass and Clair now looking to do the same..

It was me that actually told her about this forum and to join for the support and information it gives xx

Well, we have had issues here with people using the forum to 'promote' providers for their financial gain.

We have also had contact from providers solicitors concerning posts on the forum.

For this reason we try and monitor threads where new members are looking for recommendations for providers abroad or are using the forum for research etc.

I would always advise that people use good judgement. NEVER rely on information or opinions exchanged via the forums or chat rooms to replace necessary, personal consultation(s) with qualified health or medical professionals to meet your individual health or medical needs. Remember that what's right or has worked for one person may not be what's right for you.

Well, we have had issues here with people using the forum to 'promote' providers for their financial gain. We have also had contact from providers solicitors concerning posts on the forum. For this reason we try and monitor threads where new members are looking for recommendations for providers abroad or are using the forum for research etc. I would always advise that people use good judgement. NEVER rely on information or opinions exchanged via the forums or chat rooms to replace necessary, personal consultation(s) with qualified health or medical professionals to meet your individual health or medical needs. Remember that what's right or has worked for one person may not be what's right for you.

Great advice... I was an NHS patient so i didn't have to navigate that minefield thank goodness

Was just trying to get an idea where to start!!
It's a minefield out there. I get what your saying tho.
It's hard trying to find where to start especially when your Dr won't help at all. Cowbag :D

Thanks for having my back V :p xx

Back