• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery eve meltdown

Have you asked the nurses for peppermint water hunni , that helps with wind & when you can peppermint tea xx

pandora said:
Have you asked the nurses for peppermint water hunni , that helps with wind & when you can peppermint tea xx

They said the surgeon said I am only allowed sips of plain water until my swallow test Monday or Tuesday :(

Thanks Lisa :D xxx

I feel fed up. I am excited about my new life. But fed up of the lack of care. I am not on the bariatrics ward as the hospital has a bed shortage :( not even had a doc or surgeon visit today. Only a junior doctor who tried 3 times to get a cannular in and couldnt.

Breathing, laughing, crying hurts my stomach and shoulders.

In my head I am happy. My body needs to catch up lol

Fuffs said:
They said the surgeon said I am only allowed sips of plain water until my swallow test Monday or Tuesday :(

Thanks Lisa :D xxx

I feel fed up. I am excited about my new life. But fed up of the lack of care. I am not on the bariatrics ward as the hospital has a bed shortage :( not even had a doc or surgeon visit today. Only a junior doctor who tried 3 times to get a cannular in and couldnt.

Breathing, laughing, crying hurts my stomach and shoulders.

In my head I am happy. My body needs to catch up lol

That is pretty crap! Can't believe after you and they have invested so much they could lead your after care to such risk

Great news on the team of surgeons and your place on the bench Sophie!

Yay, your all done and dusted. I too was on a general surgical ward and didnt see anyone except when they took BP, felt a bit abandoned and low but once i got home things were much better. Hang on in there it only gets better as the days roll on. :) :)

Kim

so happy for you fuffs, hope everything went well. just in time for summer x

Well done Fuffs! I am so happy your the other end of this journey and seem to have come out on top.. Take as much rest as offered and I truly offer you a big hug for being so brave.. I go in on Monday for bp surgery on Tuesday and I'm just having my meltdown but reading this has cheered me up.. :), take care x

Sent from my GT-S5360 using WLSurgery

becgow said:
Well done Fuffs! I am so happy your the other end of this journey and seem to have come out on top.. Take as much rest as offered and I truly offer you a big hug for being so brave.. I go in on Monday for bp surgery on Tuesday and I'm just having my meltdown but reading this has cheered me up.. :), take care x

Sent from my GT-S5360 using WLSurgery

Aaww good luck!!!

You will be fine. The other patients have not had as much discomfort as me.

I had an X-ray two hours ago to check for a blockage. Been told its all clear :D I felt my hernia pop back onto place as I got up from the X-ray table. Feel soooo much better now.

Thanks for everyone's love, support, stories. It's all help me to calm down and feel positive all will be well xxx

congratulations on your op fuffs ...get plenty of rest and enjoy the new you

drylaw said:
congratulations on your op fuffs ...get plenty of rest and enjoy the new you

I got back home this afternoon. Finally started a post op diary last night to update everyone :)

It's nice being home :D xxx

Back