• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery eve meltdown

Oh fuffs!! You have been on my mind all day today!! So glad you are out the other side, and looking forward to a whole new life now girl xxxxxxx

amanda577 said:
Oh fuffs!! You have been on my mind all day today!! So glad you are out the other side, and looking forward to a whole new life now girl xxxxxxx

I am so blessed to have so many people caring.

Thanks Amanda :) Feeling better by the hour. I am very excited! Xxx

Welcome to the losers bench Sophie, really pleased everything went well. Rest up and get well soon now. Hugs xxxxx

Sleep well and do as you are told and you will be fine!Love from Liverpool!Maz x

Well done Fuffs finally its all over, now the good part starts watching the weight fall off. The wind pain can be painful just accept anything they want to give you , so pleased its over for you and you are well enough to feel excited its a very good sign keeping you in our thoughts and prayers xx sleep well, don't forget your deep breathing exercises does help xx

Thanks Ladies.

Been in and out of sleep since op. Woke up this time and went toilet and top of stomach and shoulder tips were in a lot of pain. Can wait to get rid of this air.

Feels like a prune, but mentally feel great.

I am told I will be out Monday or Tuesday. So I will rest well.

So glad I am finally sorted :D

chrisa said:
Well done Fuffs finally its all over, now the good part starts watching the weight fall off. The wind pain can be painful just accept anything they want to give you , so pleased its over for you and you are well enough to feel excited its a very good sign keeping you in our thoughts and prayers xx sleep well, don't forget your deep breathing exercises does help xx

Lol! Been doing them as you recommended them. Pressing my morphine, breathing in my oxygen and relaxing seem to help the shoulder tip pains. My morphine is a very small dose, but can have it every 5 mins. I haven't been having it very often. Just when pain feels really bad x

Last edited:
Well hello your back amongst us you will feel tired then wide awake then tired again sporadically its the mental exhaustion as well as the anaesthetic plays havoc with your system. Yes thats where the pain is but tomorrow you will find that once the wind pain gets under control its only discomfort and its marvellous how fast you feel well when you imagine just what they did to your body. Its amazing really. You have had a really stressful time post op but heyyouve made it through now girl your new name will be the skinny brummi xx

Have they taken your gall bladder out as well? did they manage key hole? Hope so for you, only tha best for our Fuffs. xx

chrisa said:
Well hello your back amongst us you will feel tired then wide awake then tired again sporadically its the mental exhaustion as well as the anaesthetic plays havoc with your system. Yes thats where the pain is but tomorrow you will find that once the wind pain gets under control its only discomfort and its marvellous how fast you feel well when you imagine just what they did to your body. Its amazing really. You have had a really stressful time post op but heyyouve made it through now girl your new name will be the skinny brummi xx

Lol!!!! You are great!

So blessed. All the prayers, healing etc helped me loads. Feel more than blessed to have by chance had an amazing team work on me. Just feel very positive about the whole experience.

chrisa said:
Have they taken your gall bladder out as well? did they manage key hole? Hope so for you, only tha best for our Fuffs. xx

Aaww he said my gallbladder will be done with my hernias at a later date.

It was keyhole. 5 incisions. How many did you have? My aunt had 3 x

I had 5 just like you shame they hadnt don ethe gall bladder at same time I know there was a lady when I was in who had them done together the surgeon came round after op and said they really struggled to pull it out of the top incision hole thye make just under the centre of your boobs he told her it took a lot of pulling it was so big and inflamed de said she would be quite sore for some time it had been nasty, I didnt have any morphine other than what I had before leaving recovery room. That makes you feel nauseus and like ***** basically pardon the expression. So pleased you are well and that you were calm as well. xx

chrisa said:
I had 5 just like you shame they hadnt don ethe gall bladder at same time I know there was a lady when I was in who had them done together the surgeon came round after op and said they really struggled to pull it out of the top incision hole thye make just under the centre of your boobs he told her it took a lot of pulling it was so big and inflamed de said she would be quite sore for some time it had been nasty, I didnt have any morphine other than what I had before leaving recovery room. That makes you feel nauseus and like ***** basically pardon the expression. So pleased you are well and that you were calm as well. xx

My surgeon said doing it together would have meant putting me through too much at once :) That last sounds like she would have been in a lot of pain.

My morphine is a low dose. So with the oxygen on, it doesnt make me feel sick. But when they forget to put the oxygen on me on the ward and I was using my morphine, it knocked me sick :(

Gonna see my 5 incisions as my proud badges of honour lol

Mine have healed fantastically I have 2 nurse friends and they were amazed at how well and fast I recovered and how neat the incisions were. The healing process was quick and marvellous really they were reall impressed. I think I had a bit of white cotton coming out of each little cut but didnt notice it til after i came home and they were the inside dissolvable stitches one day I tugged on them and they all came out one by one never felt a thing. I was like a kid in a sweet shop. My wounds are hardly visible now its the top one that leaves a little mark the others are fine. Happy and speedy recovery xx

Thank you for your reassurance Chrisa :) it helps knowing I won't feel like this forever :)

lyndajoan said:
glad all went well hun, slow and steady happy healing. xxx

Thanks Lynda (((hugs)))

They breakfast and hot drinks cart are in now. Wish I could have a coffee!!!! Lol

Not interested in the food though lol

Hello lovely, just wanted to congratulate you on your op and wish you the speediest of recoveries possible. You've got so many active threads I didn't know where to post!
Good to see so much love and support for you (seen plenty from you too!)

The deep breathing gets your saturation levels up for oxygen, keep it up. Reading some of your entries has transported me right back to January, you will be amazed how quickly time flies and you feel so much lighter and brighter - happy all over!! The purée stage seems to drag a bit, but it's mind over matter!
Look after yourself, do as you are told, love your amazing new life x
I look forward to your progress.

Dinda said:
Hello lovely, just wanted to congratulate you on your op and wish you the speediest of recoveries possible. You've got so many active threads I didn't know where to post!
Good to see so much love and support for you (seen plenty from you too!)

The deep breathing gets your saturation levels up for oxygen, keep it up. Reading some of your entries has transported me right back to January, you will be amazed how quickly time flies and you feel so much lighter and brighter - happy all over!! The purée stage seems to drag a bit, but it's mind over matter!
Look after yourself, do as you are told, love your amazing new life x
I look forward to your progress.

Thanks Dinda :) every bit of love, support and advice has helped me loads xxx

Just had to go back on the morphine drip. Went for a walk and shoulder tip pain became excruciating.

Still don't regret it though. Excited about my new life to come xxx

Back