• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery in Belgium

Thanks everyone... I am under nhs... But so desperate I'm looking into how much incase I can't wait a year more

Karen xx

I paid EUR 7450 for a mini gastric bypass... ( around £6000 depending on exchange rate) ... Think it would be nearly twice as much in UK. :)

Mine was similar Lady Di.... I didn't even meet Dr Chris until 30 mins prior to going to theatre and had just had email contact with his support team. I sent them my details and back story they said yes your a suitable candidate. We booked a date ( mine was 5 weeks) and I transferred the money and booked flights... My lot were very good at coordinating it all... Like you I was concerned but they were there to collect me from airport, I had a nice hotel and room etc.. I took a female friend with me that stayed at the hotel as part of my package. Their patient care manager came to see me at the hotel a couple of hours after arriving in the early evening and I was at the hospital for 7.00 AM the next morning... When to theatre at 11 AM. There was no messing about. We stayed in a hotel just across from the hospital and had a walk that evening prior so we knew where to go etc.... Arrived Thursday tea time, had opp on Friday Morning, left hospital for hotel on Sunday, flew home Monday!..... Life changing weekend! :)

Hi there, what was your journey home like? Did you have much pain post-op? I've been in contact with Frederick about getting a sleeve with Dr Chris. The journey home worries me I.e being in severe pain and having to fly/drive!

Hi there, what was your journey home like? Did you have much pain post-op? I've been in contact with Frederick about getting a sleeve with Dr Chris. The journey home worries me I.e being in severe pain and having to fly/drive!

I was fine.... Tender and a bit wary/ nervous but not in pain, just protective of my tum. My friends partner picked us up at the airport but both the flight and car journey were no problem. :)

It costs ten thousand in uk for a mini gastric by pass

I saw varying quotes in the UK ranging from £ 10,000 ,to £15,000 ( but the the later was Harley Street :) ... It's certainly a very good saving in Belgium and Dr Chris is part of the British medical Society so very well respected. He also has weekly Clinics in various City's in the UK and Ireland which is good for banders getting fills etc. For bypass and sleeves aftercare is up to your GP really unless it's a problem with the surgery itself.... I've had email advice from him when I posed a question but it is imperative to have your GPs support in my opinion.

What is the difference between a gastric bypass and a mini bypass please x

HI .. A "RNY " bypass has 2 joins and mini gastric bypass has 1 in the lower intestine but there are other differences that you should research.... Hospital stay, opp time, recovery, long team results. Side affects, after life expectations etc so as Curls said its best to have a very good read up so you can make an informed choice as what is best for you! :)

HI .. A "RNY " bypass has 2 joins and mini gastric bypass has 1 in the lower intestine but there are other differences that you should research.... Hospital stay, opp time, recovery, long team results. Side affects, after life expectations etc so as Curls said its best to have a very good read up so you can make an informed choice as what is best for you! :)

Thank you so much for this info xx

I was fine.... Tender and a bit wary/ nervous but not in pain, just protective of my tum. My friends partner picked us up at the airport but both the flight and car journey were no problem. :)

Hi Jan, many thanks for that. I'm slightly worried about going abroad.I already had a consultation in Glasgow with a different company for the band, but wasn't that happy with it. I'm putting in the medical questionnaire tomorrow for Belgium.... Nothing ventured, nothing gained! I've gone off the idea of a band after speaking to people who've had surgery.

Spire hospital charge ten thousand for mini gastric by pass, as I had mine done there on Nhs, but I asked what it would of cost

Back