• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery is back on the table!!

Shopgirl1301

I've not been on this forum since October, I was bitterly disappointed in not getting funding from my local PCT and although I understand that as I didn't qualify I couldn't actually appeal, I went into a kind of depression mode, not severe or anything like that, just felt down and of course headed for the crisp cupboard and have put on a few more pounds in the process!!

I have started to feel that I must do something about my weight now and having turned 40 in January have decided now is the time to do something positive.

An email this morning from healthier weight, offering part payment plan has spurred me into action!!

So it's off on a "market research" afternoon to find a suitable company and surgeon.

Just thought I would say hello and hope by reading some of your stories will help to keep me focused!

Wendyx

It's great to see you back xxxx Good luck and you are more than welcome to join us on the banders thread, we have a good mix and another lady is in a similar stage to you, sorting self funding.
We're logging our food and exercise daily and basically just trying to keep each other positive and losing xxx

Kevin, I had this in my email -
"Therefore, in order to make Healthier Weight’s premier services more accessible, we have introduced a payment plan under which patients can defer a part of the upfront cost of the procedure, with the remaining interest free payments spread over 12 months."
I am looking into it now and giving me a call to see what it means EXACTLY.

Just got the info now, not as good as it sounds :( basically it is for people that have "nearly" got enough money, the total cost is £6,950 and they let you pay the last £1000 over 12 months interest free, so if you have £5,950 you'll be ok.

So back to the drawing board again, sorry Neen, where is the banders thread?

Back