• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Back home - On the way to a new me :)

hayley1983

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd let you all know I'm all done and dusted. Had bypass 8am Wednesday morning and back home today at 1pm.

Before I went down for surgery, I nearly passed out with shock. I had been on the pre-op diet for 8 days and stuck to it reliously. I couldn't believe my ears when the nurse told me I've lost 12.5 pounds! I've never lost that much weight in all my time life with dieting. So I was pretty chuffed about that.

At this point, one of the forum members Matt came and introduced himself to me and Lewis. So if you reading it was lovely to meet you!

So 8am, the theatre guy came down to collect me, and I heard him whisper to the nurse, "seen as shes a young lass let her husband come as well". So Lewis stayed with me up until the part the aneasthetists were ready to gas me and send me to sleep. I thought that was pretty nice of the, and they were sooo funny putting my mind at rest.

Next thing I knew I woke up, and I'm not gunna lie it was agony, but I was quickly put back into my room (I was in a HDU room) and given morphine. From then on I had no pain whatsoever. It was great :)

The nurse started me sipping water near enough straight away. Lewis said I was nodding off mid conversation with him all the time, so he gave up talking to me :p I asked if I could go to the toilet, but didn't realise that I had a catheter in (so if anyone is worried about that, don't be because you can't feel it).

Not much more to tell you about the op and recovery, apart from I'm at home, struggling to move about alot from tenderness, and feeling tired still. I have to inject myself with this blood thinning thing every night for the next 10 nights, which I thought would make me feel a bit queezy but it's a piece of cake :) And I go for my staples out in 10 days.

Thanks for reading. In a weird way I've enjoyed every minute of my journey the last few days, probably because I know that, for once, I will get the results I have so desperately wanted for so long.

Hayley

xxx

Oh Hayley I am so pleased everything has gone so well for you and well done on your pre op weight loss, 12.5lbs what a great achievement.
Good to hear you are home and not too bad, you will soon feel better with rest and excercise interspersed.
You must be so happy. I started my milk diet yesterday, so counting down the 25 days I have to be on it.
Get well soon Hayley

Jay xx

Hi Hayley, welcome back. I am so pleased everything went well for you and you are now on the loosers side with a big 12.5lb loss already. Well done and take care.

Hun I'm thrilled to bits for you!! And glad things went so well!! You were out so quickly!!! Hope the next few days go by with as little pain as possible!!!

xxx

Thanks guys.

Pretty tired at the mo, but making sure I stay up till Bea is evicted on Big Brother tonite :D

xxx

welcome back hayley im glad your ok xxxx bea deffo to go hun xxxx

Hayley i've never spoken to you and i dont really know you but i have to say your operation has pleased me probably more than anyone elses.

The reason being exactly what the theatre guy said. Your only young, unlike us 40+ you've still got so much time you can enjoy and do the things with your kids (if you have any or are planning any) that i haven't done because of my own insecurities about my size...

So i wish you and your man all the luck and love in the world and am looking forward so much to reading of your success and hopefully the wonderful life that lies ahead xx

Hi Hayley, you are just up the road from me! So glad it went well for you, and thanks for posting your story. I am getting my bypass a week tomorrow and really can't wait. Hope your recovery is smooth xx

rose are you nhs ? is srh doing your op ?

Wow it still amazes me every time someone is back so soon and letting everyone know how there op went, hope you all the best on your recovery and cant wait to hear about you shrinking! oh and please dont jump up and down too much with joy when bea gets the boot wont do them staples any good lol x:happy036:

Hayley i've never spoken to you and i dont really know you but i have to say your operation has pleased me probably more than anyone elses.

The reason being exactly what the theatre guy said. Your only young, unlike us 40+ you've still got so much time you can enjoy and do the things with your kids (if you have any or are planning any) that i haven't done because of my own insecurities about my size...

So i wish you and your man all the luck and love in the world and am looking forward so much to reading of your success and hopefully the wonderful life that lies ahead xx

Ahh Julie thats a lovely thing to say.

I kinda still feel like I've done this too late. I know I'm only 25 but could have dont it 5 years ago :cool:

One of my main reasons for this is because me and Lewis want to start a family in the future. Thats a long time off mind, I can barely look after myself nevermind a baby! :)

xxx

Congratulations on being on the losing side! Well done on that amazing weight loss.

Welcome home Hayley, wow just 2 days and u home thats fab, hope u have a pain free speedy recovery but pls remember to take it easy and let others help you :D:D:D

Back