• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Still very tired but soldering on.

ladylite

Well thank you for your lovely thoughts yesterday. I only slept for about an hour but did rest for quite a bit.

Went to bed early but woke up at 5.30pm, then watched the tellie. Once I got up which was not til 9.30pm pottered about a bit but am again very very tired.

I have been eating well, lots of protein (for breakie I had 2 chicken drumsticks) and have since had 2 cuppas and a milky coffee.

I am a wee bit worried, I have been to the nurse at the doctors and got my BP checked as I am on BP tablets and wondered if that had something to do with it but that was fine ....... have to keep taking the tabs. Was a little disappointed as I thought after a 5 stone weight loss it may have gone down, but it at least it hasnt gone up.

I have an appointment to see my main doctor Friday week and if I still feel this way will ask for my bloods to be taken to check I am not insufficient in anything.

Well I suppose I have been lucky in this journey so this little blip has to be put into perspective and I will only worry if it continues for too long.

Hi Mary,

Always lovely to hear from you and so sorry you are still not feeling on top.

This time of the year does make us more tired on top of all else you have going on....

Do hope you can rest and relax plus feel better very soon...

Sending a loving hug and take special care of you...

Bev xxx

Have you had your B12 levels checked? I know I'm pre-op but I've heard lot of people on here say how tired they feel when their levels are low.

Take care

Hi J, no I havent had any levels tested and I do worry that something is quite not right, the one thing I dont like about my provider is they say it is up to the doctor, so I will have to wait to see my doctor Friday week.

Hoping it will pass or perhaps just need more vitamins.

Mind you saying that I am no more tired than when I was 5 stone heavier, its just that you get used to your new found energy and its a bit of a shock when it disappears for a while.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It might be worth checking with your GP. I work with a lass who needs B12 injections (she's not had wls though) & she sometimes look dead on her feet just before she is due her next injection!!

I'm expecting a bit agro between my GP & hospital, even though my surgery is through NHS, as I had problems just getting them to check by bloods. My GP even phoned the bariatric nurse to say it should be them having the bloods done not the practise!!

Hope u feeling a bit more energetic soon ;)

Oh Mary I do hope you feel better soon. Must admit I was suprised after what we paid that I had to go to the docs for the chewable pills we needed for a month after surgery . . . and now you tell me that they dont test our bloods if we are not feeling brilliant. Mmmmm bit naughty - if they say you have one year aftercare that should include a few pills and the odd blood test! When I told my doctor I have one year aftercare she said 'well I dont expect to need to see you during the course of the year for anything related to your op!!!' Great . . . now I am a little concerned! I am sure we will save our surgeries money long term by being fitter and healthier but perhaps the attitude of SS here is a little harsh.

Anyway I do hope that you 'pick up' soon. To be honest you have lost a lot of weight VERY quickly. I would be pleased at a that loss in half the time you have taken - perhaps you are now feeling it a little?

Lots of love and hope you are bouncing off the walls again soon (or I WILL be along with that B12 and a LARGE horse needle!!) xx

Just to let you know I am still tired so I phoned my provider and they told me to speak to my doctor, or I could of gone to their surgery and they would of done bloods, so that pleased me to think they care enough, but decided with my doctor as they are quite a long way from me.

I phoned my doctors and explained in detail and they have given me an emergency appointment for Monday and then my doctor can ask for the tests he thinks necessary.

I am just going with the flow at the mo (more poetry). Do a bit and if I get tired I stop, my family are so good and caring, just love them all.

Anyway I am not to downbeat over it as I have had a really good run for my money regards health and dont really think this is anything to worry about.:)

Hi Mary, I hope you feel better soon and your GP sorts things out for you. Have a restful weekend.

Linski xxx

Back