• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

surgery is here !!!!!

at last

Hello i having bypass surgery on friday and am very nervous, lots of questions running around my head, the main one
am i doing the right thing will i survive these changes???
Can anyone tell me the good and the BAD points of having this surgery,
not going to chnage my mind but would like a bit of background knowledge to help me out
thanks you everyone who replies xx:):):)

I'm just on my pre op so carnt really help just wanted to say there pretty normal feeling as it is a life changing op good luck ull be fine x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

im also pre op so cant help you there, but good luck, and im sure someone will come along who can help you soon :) xxx

i have all the same questions in my head today as going for my pre op appointment and feeling ery emotional is this normal x

I'm pre-op too but I think it would be weird if you weren't just a little nervous!

I'm sure its perfectly normal to question whether you're doing the right thing but just try to remember why you started this journey in the first place - it'll all be worth it in the end x

Its perfectly normal to feel like this, I even cried all the way down to theatre but all the staff were lovely and tried there best to reasure me I was doing the right thing.

Best bits - seeing the lbs drop off, learning I have got willpower! cause I've had some high sugar foods and so far not dumped on anything so havent got that as a deterent ha, Gaining my confidence back, looking forward to life and holidays with my 3 children.

bad bits - head hunger!!!! yip your head still wants crap shame they cant operate on ur head ha, hair loss although this is temporary and not noticeable to others I hope it stays this way but they reckon it only usually lasts around 3 mths.

I would probableys say ur kinda putting your life on hold for 3 mths???, cause at first ur scared to over do things case you cause damage, the eating stages arent the best and thats where the head hunger creeps in, your scared to eat anything when out case it causes dumping, takes time for your head to play catch up with whats happening to your body, but by the 3 month mark its clear and I'm more confident when eating out we have even been to an all you can eat buffet and I had plenty of chicken, with a small table spoon amount of rice and 4 chips with curry sauce over was lovely and I had half a small slice of choc cake for desert and I was full but didnt feel like it was a waste like I would of before op if I'd only ate that amount. This is only my experience and some may feel totally different. But now I dont crave sweets and chocolate like I used to they can infact be left in the living room from the kids and dont bother me 1 bit where as before op I would of ate them and replaced them so its been hard at times but its all good now!

sorry if I've waffled abit got carried away xx

Thank you so much for your reply,s 2 days to go. I go into hospital tomorrow and op friday, today i am more positive and i think your right once the lbs drop off i will be a lot happier.
Started the pre-op diet 10 days ago and the first day i thought i am never going to make this but hey i have done it and your right my little one has left bags of crisps all over and not one went in my mouth and it didnt bother me.

Wishing you all health and happiness and will keep you posted after my surgery

xx

i had all those thoughts too and felt like crying but it also means you are nearly there. Keep going xx

I found I was actually more relaxed once in the hospital and its good they get you in the day before so you have plenty of time to ask any questions, I only really started panicking when they came to take me down to theatre, they came for me almost an hr earlier than expected which meant I didnt get to see hubby b4 my op he was on hes way so had to sent him a quick txt n I was a right mess from then till I was knocked out, and first thing I remember saying when I woke was 'I'm alive' and it was such a great feeling when they said everything had gone well. The nurses on the wards were lovely.

Good Luck for friday xx

oooooooooh today i go in op tomorro the butterfies in my tummy today are unreal cant beleive how nervous i am ,usually such a laid ack person nothing bothers me!!!!
check in with u guys tomorro after my surgery (cant believe i am saying that )

oooooooooh today i go in op tomorro the butterfies in my tummy today are unreal cant beleive how nervous i am ,usually such a laid ack person nothing bothers me!!!!
check in with u guys tomorro after my surgery (cant believe i am saying that )
Good luck for tomorrow, speedy recovery xx

Woo hoo - best of luck x

hope all goes well for you xx

Good luck for 2moz Hun ull be fine xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

good luck for tommorrow, you will be fine, the loosers bench is polished a waiting for you. xxxx

Hello
Well had my surgery on friday and i was so nervous i actually did contemplate jumping of the trolley jus before i got to theatre n saying i cant do this, HOWEVER i am loving it, i must say i have had an easy ride upto now, has only been 4 days but i am eating have kept everything down, dont feel sick am drinking fine, so i guess i am very lucky, got on the scales on the day after i cam home and had lost 5lb but not gona get on again until friday hopefully maybe another 1lb will hve come off by then
thank you everyone for your words of encouragement.
Love health and happiness to you all xx

Welcome back hun - sounds like you're doing fantastic! Take it easy x

Great news 'at last'....Put ya feet up and relax,it's early doors but you've had a great start...wish you well now you're on your Journey...
Andy x

Back