• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help

at last

hello
i am having my gastric bypass this friday and excited but very nervous, i have so many questions unaswered, can anybody out there help me!!!

my main question is can i survive after this op will it be the best thing i have done. Can someone tell me the good and the bad about this op

will i be in a lot of pain after the op

many thanks to those of you who reply
a very nervous Sue xx

:welcome:

Where are you having you op? I'm pre-op op so can't give post-op advice but I'm sure you'll never look back! X

I have had a sleeve not a bypass so I can't really help u much. I was in hospital at the same time as 2 ladies having a bypass and they seemed to recover well with little pain infact less pain than me. I hope u won't regret it but everybody is different. It is am massive change to ur life. I'm shocked as to how much I have had to change due to this xx

Hospitals are fab I'm sure you will be in very good hands, you will have a little pain after but just tell your nurses and there are things they can do, its more uncomfortable than pain, take a pillow to hold against tour stomach in the car on the way home, do everything tour team say diet wise and it will make a huge positive impact on your life xxx

thank you for your replys

am having my surgery at sunderland, have been telephoned today to say itv are there doing a documentary about the surgery i do not want to be on the tv lol

hope everyone keeps healthy and happy x:jelous::jelous:

I had my bypass done in Sunderland, Mr Mahawar done my op, I woke up with no pain at all took painkillers whilst in hospital once home I didnt bother anymore. I was really surprised for me personally I describe my experience at physically easy, mentally hard. My head went thru a phase where it was all over n wanted all the wrong foods, head hunger is a nightmare but it does get easier I promise. Your life does continue just doesnt revolve around food no more. First 5/6 wks were the hardest n did wonder if I'd done the right thing but I can honestly say as the lbs drop off you no you have made the right decision and would reccomend it to anyone whos struggled with there weight. Hope everything goes as well for you X

Last edited:
Good luck with the op Sue, I'm sure you won't regret the decision if you've researched it all.
I had my op on Jan 9th and despite a bumpy start at the hospital have never looked back. Didn't need the pain killers or anti nausea tablets - but if you do get pain or discomfort it will be managed, so try not to worry too much.

Focus on your teams advice, know that everyone is different and focus on your journey to better health. Lots of support and advice on here too.

I am not as far out of surgery as lots of people on here, but my recovery has been great so far (in my opinion) and life DOES go on - it's just happier and more exciting! The initial stages are a bit difficult to cope with if out socially but as soon as you move on to mashed stuff you feel a lot less self conscious (well , I did)

Good luck xx

Can I ask when you went on the waiting list please? I had a letter about ITV but it said if you didn't want to be in the programme it was fine so just make sure they know as I REALLY wouldn't like that x

I got the same letter, I deffo don't want to be on tv either.

Hi GUYS
thanks for the replys, the lady from itv phoned me at home last night as they are interviewing the person who is having the op the same time as me, no way do i want to be onfilm and i told them that she wasnt very happy at first but i said its my decision and wls is a private area for me i havnt told all my family yet so popping up on tv is not what i want she got it in the end but i think having the cameras there is making me more nervous lol, anyway 2 days to go.x

Hi GUYS
thanks for the replys, the lady from itv phoned me at home last night as they are interviewing the person who is having the op the same time as me, no way do i want to be onfilm and i told them that she wasnt very happy at first but i said its my decision and wls is a private area for me i havnt told all my family yet so popping up on tv is not what i want she got it in the end but i think having the cameras there is making me more nervous lol, anyway 2 days to go.x

Just thinking about this - how do they know you are having your ops on the same day - and how do they get your addresses and phone numbers - i would have thought this info is personal and giving it out is against the data protection act - i could be wrong but i would be really upset if my details were given out like that and i was contacted out of the blue.

Good luck hun ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Miss DeeDee said:
Just thinking about this - how do they know you are having your ops on the same day - and how do they get your addresses and phone numbers - i would have thought this info is personal and giving it out is against the data protection act - i could be wrong but i would be really upset if my details were given out like that and i was contacted out of the blue.

I was thinking the same thing. The letter I got was very generic, and was enclosed with a letter signed by Mr Small. I am pretty certain that it was sent by SRH, rather than ITV.

I would be very annoyed if all my details had been passed to ITV and they have called me direct. That is definitely a breach of the DPA.

Back