• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery on 12th July! Officially Pre-Op!

Hollie22

Hey everyone. I'm Hollie. Had my consultation today and signed on the dotted line. So sure its what I want and I have done it. Now I can't sleep for the worry of everything lol! Find out tomorrow what pre-op diet I am following etc. I am feeling nervous it's all very fast. At my consultation (THG) they said if I am okay I can go home the same day, but I am not happy with that. What do you guys think? Is that right or wrong?:(:confused:

great news Hollie. A lot of providers do same day and It often depends on your BMI ( I wasn't allowed to but did ask lol) they will only let you go if its right for you to do so, but if you're concerned you need to tell them after all, you're paying for your band and should be happy with what service you're getting.

And if its happening too fast, slow it down...make sure it's right for you! Those feelings are normal tho :)

Hi Top Kat,

I have seen alot of your posts in the forum and they're great! So informative! Thanks for replying. I'm relaxing slightly now as I amjust a bit in shock thats its all official, I have dreamed about this! I have been knocked back by the NHS twice so this is hard for me to believe!

I jus thope the pre-op diet will be okay :s

ah, it's a big step so those feelings are normal, I was a wreck before mine.

I followed a milk diet for mine (not suggested by my provider) but chose to do so because it was easier and great practice for liquids only post band - it's not easy, the band isn't an easy option by any stretch of the imagination, but if you work with it, it can be wonderful... :)

Thank you. I started my milk and yogurt pre-op diet today. Feeling a bit yuk already but can push through it. It's like doing slim fast (I am a serial slim faster previously) so not to bad! Can I just ask how much have you lost and how long have you had yours?

P.s your a great help xx

Hi Hollie, I think what you are feeling is normal. I think we are so used to the pace of the NHS that when we actually get a green light we think something is wrong or things are moving too fast!

I had my band 2 days ago with THG and have been thrilled with the service so far. I went home the same day be had the option to stay in overnight, my room was booked for me and there was no pressure to go...unlike when I had my gall bladder out with the NHS ( a more serious) op and I was kicked out 4 hours later.

If you have any worries or concerns phone up THG if you have any more questions you can see your surgeon again before things go any further. On the morning of your surgery you will see them personally again, and they will go through it again.

I have had 5 other ops on the NHS and never met my surgeon.

The private sector is a different world, the nurses were lovely and I felt so informed of what was happening throughout my stay.

Good luck!

Hi Hollie and welcome to the forum xx

Hi Hollie, welcome to the forum :) Good luck!! :)

Thank you everyone you are all so friendly and helpful! I really thank god for this forum, its so informative and with people having experience too its invaluable. I think I am so used to the going through the motions with the NHS I was quite shocked. The girls at THG have been brilliant. They called this morning asking if I needed to know anything else and how I felt about yesterday.
I don't feel comfortable going home the same day as I had this after a tonsillectomy in 2011 (NHS) and I was in so much pain and vomiting so I think this is why I'm worried about that.

Hi and congrats :) I must admit I felt absolutely fine after my surgery and was up and walking around...however I wouldn't have wanted to go home same day. I found it very reassuring having nurses checking up on me throughout the night. I would have defo expressed my concerns pre op had I been told that would happen....but then I guess you also have to factor in what time ur op will be...I mean if its 7am I'm sure you would be fine to go home. Defo worth having a chat to ur provider about, after all that's what we pay them for! Good luck x

hi hollie I had my band with thg on 20th may and was also told I could go home the same day, but felt more secure staying overnight, especially as I had a hiatus hernia done at the same time. Don't worry, they don't pressure you to go home, do what you feel is right at the time x

Thanks for all your feedback guys! Day 2 of pre-op diet nearly completed! I'm at work so have a pint and a half and a yogurt to have when I get home :s surprisingly not that Hungry I guess it's because I know the end goal is near (although it feels like million miles right now)

Xx

Guys I'm just wondering, I can't start a new tgread for some reason? Can I add nesquik to my milk in my pre-op diet?

Back