• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery soon

Kkaymathis

I'm new and I'll be having a revision of band to RNY. Im nervous and worried. I vomited so much that my band cause swelling inside my esophagus. So this is a new experience. Any information would be helpful. I've only lost four pounds on my pre-op diet. I keep seeing post with people who have lost at least twenty lbs. Does anyone know if that's normal? My date is 12/16/10.

Kimmie

welcome to our family, i can offer any advice concerning the band as I'm a Bypasser. Everyone loses differently on the pre op diet I can't remember what i lost but i dont think it was much over 10lb, you're doing that to shrink your liver more then to lose weight. Good luck for your op we're here for you and looking forward to you joining us on the losers bench xx

Welcome along love, everyone is told to lose different amounts of weight depending on what area you live in.
Dont worry about it now as long as you followed your milk and yogurt diet before surgery.
Good Luck xx

Warmest wishes for a very smooth journey from here on and sending love and hugs xxx

:welcome: to the forum and all the very best for your surgery and journey onwards!
My team didn't set any expectations as to how much I should lose on the pre-op. The diet is designed to shrink your liver mainly so as long as you've stuck to it you should be okay. If in doubt, speak to your team.

Kkaymathis said:
I'm new and I'll be having a revision of band to RNY. Im nervous and worried. I vomited so much that my band cause swelling inside my esophagus. So this is a new experience. Any information would be helpful. I've only lost four pounds on my pre-op diet. I keep seeing post with people who have lost at least twenty lbs. Does anyone know if that's normal? My date is 12/16/10.

Kimmie

How long did you have your band, and were you sick most of that time? I am asking because I trying to decide which will be better for me( and you are the third person I've seen that has a revision to GB from the band.
Anyway, good luck on your surgery!

I've had my band for three years. After the second year I started having reflux. My band was restricting food but I wasn't losing weight. The reflux shifted my band. I didn't lose any more. It was not what I bargained for. Do all the research you can.

I lost 5lbs on the pre op in the week i was on it. As someone else says it's not about weight loss it's about shrinking your liver to ensure a safer surgery.........

Good luck with your revision xxx

Back