• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery tomorrow bricking it

Sarah4darren2913

So I will be getting sleeved tomorrow and have mixed emotions only lost total of 12 lbs keep having horrible thought because never had op so it is the unknown is this normal :cry:

It's perfectly normal, especially if you have never had surgery before. You are also going to be making a massive change to your life... that is also scary. I am nearly 6 months post-op and can honestly say I have no regrets about my surgery...I had an RNY though.

I wish you the very best of luck for your journey

Lynn x

Good luck hun, I had the bypass but can honestly say it was 100% the right decision to have a WL op, my life has changed so much in so many ways xxx think of it as tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life :)

Good luck!

I'm sure I'll be scared soon too, my op is on 6th October. Feeling good right now but expect to feel like you as the date approaches. What you're feeling is totally normal, don't give yourself a hard time about it.

Butterfly Lady is right, tomorrow will be the first day of the rest of your life

Don't worry how you're feeling is perfectly normal.
I've had surgeries before but I felt exactly the same before my bypass op on 11th September. I like to be in control of everything and hate the unexpected.
All I can say is I'm here and fit and well, going back to work next week and already the op feels like ages ago. I was a bit groggy for a couple of days after the surgery but once I was home this was just a perfect excuse to lie around in jammies binge watching Netflix all day. I felt better and better with every day and today I just feel so grateful and happy and am looking forward to the rest of my life!

Good luck with the op, try not to worry too much and just take each day as it comes and before you know it you'll be well on the way to where you want to be.

Potter xx

Hi Sarah,

Firstly I wanted to say welcome and hi :) it's a big step isn't it and pretty daunting.

My op is on 10th Oct and have been feeling really anxious and know that any reassurance can make you the tiniest bit better.

Although I'm not having the sleeve I personally know someone who had the op 6 weeks ago who literally is now a different person....loving and living her life.

The transformation in her in the last 2 months is utterly incredible, she's off to festivals, gigs etc, nothing is stopping her and it's wonderful to see.

She had the usual discomfort you'd expect to get from someone tampering with your insides but a week post op it was as if nothing had happened!

I wish you all the very best tomorrow and echo the other girls that it'll be the start of something amazing I'm sure!

Your nerves will be there regardless but this is going to change your life, totally for the better and you should be proud to make that change!!

Sophie xxxxx

I cried all the way to the theatre, I was terrified, but now 6 months on, it's the best thing I've ever done! I was banded, down 4.5 stone and getting my life back!!!

Hi Potter

snap - had my bypass 11th sept in Belgium, feeling great and off back to work next week

Sarah - nerves are perfectly natural, just like everyone is telling you, but the trousers I was wearing to work, before I finished for my op, are sliding right down and are now too big to wear, that feels amazing in such a short space of time
Go for it girl, you are in the hands of professionals and sure you won't regret
Good Luck x

Back