• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bricking it

bobo

:cry: Hi everyone , i will hopefully be having a Bypass by the end of Oct but im so worried about the op , iv never had an operation before so i dont know if i can deal with it all . I have three gorgous children and i just keep crying all the time , im so worried i wont come home and i feel so selfish. Please someone reasure me as im petrified i know it needs to be done but i dont want to leave my girls without a mummy.

Also anyone at sunderland when is the next support meeting ? thanks xx

hunn how you are feeling is so normal i was so scared of dying that i even wrote letters to my family incase i didnt make. you are not alone hunn we are all here to get you through it xxxxx

hey your message mirrors one of mine last week, dont feel alone, weve ALL thought what your thinking and unfortunatly there s not alot we can do to stop making you think that apart from just to say, you have all the tests imaginable and pre op assesments to make sure your safe/healthy for the op.... they wouldnt op on you if there were some major risks..... i to know from when i messaged on here and from Mr Blaupuri in sunderland NOONE has died up there from wls your in very very good hands! its natural to feel scared sweetpea you cant help but wonder the what ifs...... you will be FINE and soon you ll be thinking after the op this is theeee best thing ever! sending lots of luck and love, oooo keep an eye out for liz, she ll be able to tell you the dates for the support meetings xxxxx

Thanks girls , glad to hear no-ones died yet lol i thought i would make up some memory boxes for my girls ... my heads all over the shop at the moment i think if i can get to the next support meeting it will put my mind at rest xx

the next support meeting is the last thursday of this month, like Kelly said its normal to have reservations its a major op every thing will be fine and worth it in the end :hug99:

What you are feeling is perfectly normal. I describe this journey as like being on a roller coaster and just prior to your surgery the ride gets pretty bumpy! I too was frightened but part of what kept me going was knowing that i couldn't have gone on the way i was as it wasn't fair to my family and my health was going to suffer anyway in the long run. I know its difficult and there are risks to every surgery but you will be given plenty of pre health checks and all will be well. Big hugs x

Oh bless you, as the others said its a very emotional time and its only natural to feel nervous.

Please try not to worry, try and concentrate on the positives like all of the things you will enjoy doing with your family when you are slimmer, fitter and healthier.

x

Well, what can I add? We have all said more or less the same because we have all been where you are now at some point, I have nightmares about not wakin up etc but at the end of the day I dont want to carry on existing, I want to live....to me its worth the risk. I believe the risk of dying to be really small.........Mr Ammori has never lost a patient yet :D And Im not planning on being his first :D x

the 26th of august i think is the next meeting. im hoping to get there . it will be my first time. im nearly 3 weeks post op and like you i was terrified, but im fine and got throught it.

We have all thought the same so please don't think harshly of yourself....

You have plenty of time to help you prepare not only for your op but also for the recovery afterwards. My gp recommended i have a half hour walk everyday, this isn't achievable for everyone because of health issues etc, but i figure you could break it down into 3 x 10 minute sessions. Also if you can lose a bit of weight before your operation you will need less anaesthetic which can only be positive thing... and you can get your head sorted too :)

I will say to you i was slightly heavier than you and although with a different provider i had no issues and sailed through surgery....

Help yourself as much as you can before your surgery, as others say wls is just a tool we also need the head to do as much work as the surgery xxx

Thanks everyone , i have just started walking so will keep it up , i walked everywhere until i passed my driving test last year and i have a wii so will have a go at that too , thanks again for all your support xxxx

Thanks everyone , i have just started walking so will keep it up , i walked everywhere until i passed my driving test last year and i have a wii so will have a go at that too , thanks again for all your support xxxx

Hey i'm sure half hour on the wii is the equivalent of half hours walking and so much more fun :) Good luck with the hula hooping i am as pants as that as i am in real life lol xx

Rest assured what you are feeli. I have had 7 operations and thought what you are thinking every time. You will be in good hands. x

just read through this as it's where my mind is tonight.

Back