• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG Surgery tomorrow!!!

Mother K

Well tomorrow is finally the day of my surgery, it's a day that I never thought would arrive! But now it's here I've got so many emotions whizzing round my head. I won't know until after the operation if it's a bypass or sleeve because I am being duel consented. My preference is bypass, but because I have had a few operations previously I may have a lot of scar tissue/adhesions which would make it too difficult. If that is the case they will do a sleeve!
It's been a long journey so far my GP referred me to Derby in December 2014, my first appointment there was in April 2015 and my surgery is tomorrow 6th March 2017. The start of my new weight loss journey to become a new healthier me! :)
I'm not sure how I feel today a kaleidoscope of mixed emotions, nervous, excited, worried to name a few, but overall I think relief that the pre op journey is nearly over and ready to begin the new exciting post op journey!
Well enough of my rambling on, I'm sure I will be on here again very soon picking someone's brains about post op diets it's such a comfort to know help is just a question away :)
Mother K

Good luck for tomorrow!

Not sure where I am on the list, got to be at Derby hospital by 7am so think I'm going down in the morning hopefully xx

Yes fingers crossed! Exciting times!! The beginning of your new life? Did they give you a list what to pack? As I haven't had any information on that yet. X

Good luck! Hope it goes well!

Yes fingers crossed! Exciting times!! The beginning of your new life? Did they give you a list what to pack? As I haven't had any information on that yet. X
Yes basically night stuff, dressing gown, slippers, loose clothing incase you want to get dressed, wash stuff, pen, tissues, wet wipes, dry lip cream/chapstick, squash

Good luck for tomorrow look forward to reading more post op x

Good luck tomorrow - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the scar tissue won't be to extensive! I'll join you on the losers' bench in a week x

Back