• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery Tomorrow!

TurtleGal

Well, the time has gone by super quickly! My surgery is tomorrow and the nerves have really started to set in today!

I'm trying to stay positive and be calm but my stomach is in knots. I'm so nervous about the pain from the surgery, what the hospital stay will be like, all the upcoming changes etc.

I have done my best to prepare. I have soup made and frozen, lots of sugar free puddings / jello, broth, protein powders and other foods that are bypass friendly waiting for me for when I get home. I have cleaned my house from top to bottom, and am almost packed.

I leave tonight for Brugge, Belgium where I will be operated on by Dr. Bruno Dillemans at St. Jan's hospital. I live in the Netherlands and the clinic I am going through works with Dr. Dillemans. Tomorrow I check in he hospital at 10:30am and will be operated on sometime in the afternoon.

Freaking the heck out over here!!

shana

Hi turtlegal

The feelings you are having are completely natural.

I had my op yesterday and hardly felt any nerves but the night before i was sooooo nervous i could hardly function, i was so on edge i couldnt hardly hold a conversation!

The staff in these clinics are professionals though and do this every day so will put u at ease.

Good luck for tomorrow and keep us updated :)

TurtleGal

Wow you had your surgery yesterday! How are you feeling?!! I think a part of the nerves is that I have so much riding on making this surgery a success... combined with just never thinking I'd ever be at this place in my life, ya know? Oh, and of course absolute FEAR of the pain when I first wake up from surgery :(

You can read my story on why I'm having the surgery and what lead up to it here:

http://www.breigh.com/wordpress/archives/7809

mariew

Hi Turtlegal, Good luck for tomorrow. Don't be nervous it's not so bad! I had NO pain after surgery. Just a little soreness on the keyhole cuts. I didn't need ANY pain relief. See you on the losers bench.

Well done Shana, hope you're on the mend. TC xx

shana

I honestly feel fine only have slight wind pain but have spent most of this morning walking around which has helped.

Every surgery is different but if u do feel any pain the staff will give u meds. I am in czech republic and had a lovely nurse who told me she was giving me a pain infusion, i was relieved to find out that she meant painKILLER infusion lol

The surgery is the easy bit it is the rest that comes after that will take getting used to but just think how different ur life will be, thats what kept me from running in the other direction yesterday!

Thanks Angee, not long and u will be in my place

shana

mariew said:
Hi Turtlegal, Good luck for tomorrow. Don't be nervous it's not so bad! I had NO pain after surgery. Just a little soreness on the keyhole cuts. I didn't need ANY pain relief. See you on the losers bench.

Well done Shana, hope you're on the mend. TC xx

Thanks Marie feeling good so far x

TurtleGal

I honestly feel fine only have slight wind pain but have spent most of this morning walking around which has helped.

Every surgery is different but if u do feel any pain the staff will give u meds. I am in czech republic and had a lovely nurse who told me she was giving me a pain infusion, i was relieved to find out that she meant painKILLER infusion lol

The surgery is the easy bit it is the rest that comes after that will take getting used to but just think how different ur life will be, thats what kept me from running in the other direction yesterday!

Thanks Angee, not long and u will be in my place

What do you mean by wind? I often hear people saying that but do you mean like trapped air in your stomach? The gas coming through your shoulders or gas farty pain? hehe

Sharonimo

Sleeve to Bypass
What do you mean by wind? I often hear people saying that but do you mean like trapped air in your stomach? The gas coming through your shoulders or gas farty pain? hehe

I believe, TurtleGal, that with these laproscopic ops, because we won't have eaten before the op, in order to avoid operating on a totally flat deflated stomach, they actually pump AIR *in* !!!

Thus, post op many patients take a few days for trapped air from the op to leak back out again. :eek:

Hey turn your Turtle back upright, he looks too sad upside down !!!

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
good luck TG im sure you'll be fine :) xxx

caraline

Goodluck for tomorrow.

vickylou

Good luck for tomorrow x

phatmomma

Good luck for tomorrow. You have to expect discomfort more than pain. The wind pain does go and warm drinks and moving around help a lot...

Finally the best thing i can say to you is this:

Each day is better than the last xx

kate thomson

Well, the time has gone by super quickly! My surgery is tomorrow and the nerves have really started to set in today!

I'm trying to stay positive and be calm but my stomach is in knots. I'm so nervous about the pain from the surgery, what the hospital stay will be like, all the upcoming changes etc.

I have done my best to prepare. I have soup made and frozen, lots of sugar free puddings / jello, broth, protein powders and other foods that are bypass friendly waiting for me for when I get home. I have cleaned my house from top to bottom, and am almost packed.

I leave tonight for Brugge, Belgium where I will be operated on by Dr. Bruno Dillemans at St. Jan's hospital. I live in the Netherlands and the clinic I am going through works with Dr. Dillemans. Tomorrow I check in he hospital at 10:30am and will be operated on sometime in the afternoon.

good luck for tomorrow, i am just a day behind you. and similarly organised with all of the above. but strangely calmer than i have been of late!:eek:

CharChar

TurtleGal said:

Hey,
I'm 4 days post op. And doing well.
Pain is really not that bad,honest for me.
I had slot of nausea and vomiting but I don't drugs well AT all.
You'll be just fine, feels so good to be on this side of the fence
Good luck doll.

Charlotte

Tray3004

Good luck :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery