• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

surgical cover/medical cover/ band removel

sunny69

Hi all just wondering read somewhere that people have had to have there band removed for medical reasons also have had to pay £1000s, is there medical insurance that you can take out to cover this if you were to meet any obstacles.

Isn't that what nhs is for?

I think if there is a medical reason as to why you have to have the band removed etc then your doctor would have to apply to the pct for funding to get the band removed , I know a lot of stuff with funding is changing every other week but your gp would be the best person to advise you on this question, if your paying privately to have the band fitted that may be a whole new ball game and hopefully someone who has paid privately will come along and maybe able to answer your question. xx

I had my band fitted privately, but it was removed by the NHS after it went wrong. They will step in if there is a problem.

I am having mine fitted privately, and they asked if I wanted to take insurance, it covers 5 years for any problems, erosion, slips, port flip and also covers their monitoring you weekly or monthly over the whole period. Any problems they take you in on same day and sort it or replace. Don't know if that is something you may like to look into?

I am having mine fitted privately, and they asked if I wanted to take insurance, it covers 5 years for any problems, erosion, slips, port flip and also covers their monitoring you weekly or monthly over the whole period. Any problems they take you in on same day and sort it or replace. Don't know if that is something you may like to look into?

this is something that I have from my provider and have it in place for 3 years in addition to my 2 years post op care.

I wasnt asked at any time to take out insurance
having it done private
so hoping i have no problems

kay x

This is an old thread now, started in March. Sunny had her band on 24th March.

Back