• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Trouble with band anyone had revision to sleeve?

kellsbells

It's guys I'm 4 weeks post op today I've been having lots of trouble with it mainly pain I've just rang up again and the nurse said that she doesn't know maybe a small Band is too tight or I may not be able to tolerate a band at all I'm gutted I paid a lot of money for this and will be paying it off for a long time just wondering if anyone had any trouble with their band and had it revised to a sleeve? Did the 6 months surgical insurance cover it? Or have you had to pay extra? I'm gutted to be honest I just want to start getting slim and it feels like its all going up on smoke :-( xx

where are u getting the pain and wot kind of pain is it? 4 weeks is no time at all really and u will still be healing inside from the surgery dont forget, it does take some time to settle down. x

BlueDiamond said:
where are u getting the pain and wot kind of pain is it? 4 weeks is no time at all really and u will still be healing inside from the surgery dont forget, it does take some time to settle down. x

I'm having esophogeal spasms waking in the night and morning with horrendous pain feels like its down my spine I can't have soft/ solid food been on soups/liquid for nearly 4 weeks now I had 4ml in a 10ml band and had a complete defill last week xxx

I'm having esophogeal spasms waking in the night and morning with horrendous pain feels like its down my spine I can't have soft/ solid food been on soups/liquid for nearly 4 weeks now I had 4ml in a 10ml band and had a complete defill last week xxx

has your provider done any tests/procedures etc to see why this is happening??

BlueDiamond said:
has your provider done any tests/procedures etc to see why this is happening??

No hun I just got passed around a bit was in a&e last week with the pain the nurse on phone said she would ring me back today xxx

I keep being sick all the time ?? Am sick on adverage 1-2 aday on any think from water to food:-( I spoken to thg about this I keep getting told some food don't agree with me or am eating to fast

:-( I no where ur coming from but maybe it just need to settle down as I had my band 25/8/12 finger x u get sorted v soon x

Lisa x x

Me too :( I've had had 2 months of crippling pain post op which was sorted, but I too have had nothing but problems, some self inflicted !!

I love the good bits of my band, but I really hate the rest of it.

When I complete my research I will then be trying to persuade my surgeon to do the wls of my choice, which is going to be the hard bit.

I doubt mine will reach it's first anniversary.

Kellsbells, whether or not you decide to have the band removed and go for a sleeve, you need a proper investigation of your symptoms asap. I know the thought of the money must make your heart sink but you haven't been right since your op and this honestly can't go on. You had the band fitted in order to improve your life and your health - to help you lose weight and get fitter. You didn't sign-up for pain, spasms and problems eating and drinking!

There is an old truism - pain is the body's way of telling you (loudly!) that something is wrong. I couldn't handle what you're going through. First find out why you are having pain and spasms, then, later, think about what you might like to do next.

I really feel for you, hun. There comes a time when courage and fortitude work against us. Your health and wellbeing must always come first x

ThinnerJemima said:
Me too :( I've had had 2 months of crippling pain post op which was sorted, but I too have had nothing but problems, some self inflicted !!

I love the good bits of my band, but I really hate the rest of it.

When I complete my research I will then be trying to persuade my surgeon to do the wls of my choice, which is going to be the hard bit.

I doubt mine will reach it's first anniversary.

What was causing your pain hun? Xxx

Thinnerjemima you need help too. I can hardly believe that so many patients are being left to cope at home with such high levels of pain and worry. I pray you both get help soon x

I have pain in the port. Initially I had 2 months of pain on my port that only morphine could deal with it. I had a second procedure to remove the claws of the port in my abdomen as they may have been on a nerve. In the interim I had pain on the outside of my tummy as well.

My provider thankfully is excellent, and I have been back to see him many many times over the summer, I am really glad I went local-ish as I have had same day urgent appointments with my surgeon when the need arose, no seeing nurses, no ending up in A&E or my GP etc.

My port is now moving freely in my tummy, I have no more pain from it, but in a couple of things that I do and I once wore jeans, the port physically moves, it doesn't hurt, it's just a bit of a weird feeling, a bit like hitting your funny bone.

I recently bruised the inside of my tummy with the port hitting it from the inside, and then I zapped a hole in my pouch with Nurafen, as it sits in your pouch when you take it.

I take responsibility for the self inflicted madness, but long term the discomfort/weirdness factor don't make it viable.

I've had to get an emergency de-fill recently and I'm not sure if my surgeon will put it back in as I don't think that I have enough restriction to start with.

My GP has never said no to me, so it's odd for me that my surgeon does. No is not an answer that I like :rolleyes:. Patience is not one of my virtues either :rolleyes:.

I had a conversion from a band to a sleeve on the 20th of September this year.
In 2005 I went private for my band, it was awful from day 1. I had no support, no follow-ups with the surgeon and over 7 years I must have had it adjusted over 100 times (at £100 a go!) to find a "happy medium". I was always being sick, couldn't keep much down at all, and I ruptured my windpipe with all the vomiting. My port always bothered me, I could never lie on my tummy as it was always painful.I was so fed up so I went for a second opinion at another private hospital who did a barium swallow to discover my band had badly slipped. It was at a very awkward angle and my port had flipped completely. I was fuming! Sadly because my band surgeon had warned me that the band may slip, I had no comeback. So I decided that the new surgeon removed the band and did the sleeve. Best desicion I have ever made, I just wish I had done this from the start. I have an amazing support through councellors, dieticians and nurses. Since the 20th of September, I have lost 20kg, I can lie on my tummy and I haven't been sick once! I know the band works wonders for many people, sadly mine didn't. The surgeon who did my sleeve no longer offers the band because of these types of problems.
I hope whatever you decide, it works for you

Sashie1977 said:
I had a conversion from a band to a sleeve on the 20th of September this year.
In 2005 I went private for my band, it was awful from day 1. I had no support, no follow-ups with the surgeon and over 7 years I must have had it adjusted over 100 times (at £100 a go!) to find a "happy medium". I was always being sick, couldn't keep much down at all, and I ruptured my windpipe with all the vomiting. My port always bothered me, I could never lie on my tummy as it was always painful.I was so fed up so I went for a second opinion at another private hospital who did a barium swallow to discover my band had badly slipped. It was at a very awkward angle and my port had flipped completely. I was fuming! Sadly because my band surgeon had warned me that the band may slip, I had no comeback. So I decided that the new surgeon removed the band and did the sleeve. Best desicion I have ever made, I just wish I had done this from the start. I have an amazing support through councellors, dieticians and nurses. Since the 20th of September, I have lost 20kg, I can lie on my tummy and I haven't been sick once! I know the band works wonders for many people, sadly mine didn't. The surgeon who did my sleeve no longer offers the band because of these types of problems.
I hope whatever you decide, it works for you

Thank you gun but it's up to what they advise I can't afford to pay out again I've only had the band 4 weeks so I'm hoping that when they sk my barium X-ray on Thursday they can find out what is wrong they said maybe I just can't tolerate a band full stop I am hoping that if that is the case they will offer me a sleeve instead else I'm stuffed :-( xxx

I really hope you manage to get it sorted. It's awful when it doesn't work. Fingers crossed they see sense and do something for you. x

Back