• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

surgical weight loss

jen checo

Hi everyone,i am going to walsall manor hospital on friday for my second consultation for a gastric bypass. Has anyone got a rough idea how long u have to wait 4 surgery dates?:(

Thanx!

Phatgirl ime at Salford how long did it take you,i was referred by my GP in Jan then saw Dr New who agreed that i should have Gastric Bypass at that time i gave him my bloods which my GP did and he sent a letter to my GP asking for Funding which i got 15/4, Dr New left a appointment open for 13/5 which ime attending and i do my sleep apnea 5/5,how far down the line am i .

Hi IRJ. I was part of the 'old' system at Salford so my experiences won't match with what you would expereince. However, since I am still involved with the program through the support group so I could hazard a guess. But remember, it is just a guess on my part.

It would seem that you have three things still to be done if I understand the current process.

1. Meet with the psychology department
2. Meet with the surgeon, Mr. Ammori
3. Pre-op appointment (ECG, Breath test, blood given, MRSA swab)

The psych department have been a bit backlogged so you may need to contact Dr. New's clinic to see if you have been refered or if that will happen after your May appointment. Once you see the surgeon it should not be more than 6 weeks until your surgery. Your pre-op is usually set 2-4 weeks before your op. So with that logic, I would think you might ready by July/August for surgery?

13/5 Dr.New & possibly referal to psych + 4 weeks (June?) but could be longer
+ 2-4 weks before you see Dr. Ammori (June) but could be longer
+ 6 weeks until surgery (July/August) but could be longer

Like I said , this is all guess work. It is probably better if you give Dr. New's clinic a call, they will be able to advise you how it really is instead of my wild guessing!

Hope this was helpful but may have just been more confusing! Sorry...

Nic

No hun, I only met with Dr. New once pre-op. Sorry, can't help you with that one. I would imagine that if he did not specifically instruct you to lose weight he wouldn't expect that you had.

Nic:p

Back