• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgiversary-- well almost!

gaelic girl

Loving Being a Loser
Hi Guys
At the beginning of this week a year ago i was over 20 stone, a size 26 and as you can see from the picture in my signature almost squashing my best pal at her wedding! I had a bmi of over 46 and hated every huge inch of myself. I smoked 30 cigarettes a day and pretended to the world i was so confident and being fat and unhealthy didn't bother me ( i was so good at keeping that up) Yet behind closed doors i cried many a river in fact i'm sure i flooded many of them! Then on the Friday i put my life in the hands of the wonderful Mr Ammori and the man that is indeed a god did not let me down! This friday will be a year to the day since i had my bypass and i can honestly say i have never ever regretted my decision. I now am 9 stone lighter with a bmi of 26 and was at another friends wedding on Saturday in a size 12 clingly maxi dress without a cigarette in sight. I can eat anything i like and am now in control of my food as opposed to the other way round!
I've been very fortunate not to suffer any complications and i'm down in Manchester on Wednesday for my last appointment with the team. I haven't seen any of them in 6 months so hopefully they will be pleased.
For all of you who have supported me on my journey so far i will always be so grateful as without you i wouldn't be so successful. I can't wait to meet some old and new friends at the group at Salford.
For those of you starting out on your journey i wish you as much success as i have been lucky to have. Big hugs to everyone and a very big thank you again xxx

Thank you for sharing your success - very inspirational. Well done.

congratulations, you look amazing and a big well done for packing in the fags, your body and you must feel amazing, well done xxx

OMG a year already ! i remember it like it was yesterday x you have done fantastic and look amazing well done allie x x

ooo allie that was a lovely post! well done you! you look fab and its all down to your hard work you should be so proud x

Hi, well done on your sucess hun! you look fab x

Allie thats a brilliant positive post, you have done brilliantly. You are an inspiration to me and others here. I hope the "Ammori" does to me what he did to you :D well done hun X

Allie, you have done so brilliantly and being just a couple of weeks ahead of me you have been one of my inspirations.

9 stones is just totally awesome. BMI 26 is fabulous. Huge well done to you hun x

Thank you for posting as its such an inspirations for people such as me that are still struggling abit with solids and the weight stalls for a week at a time. You post has cheered me up!! and you look fantastic !!

Thank you

Wow Allie, you look so fantastic, well done hun on your achievement, you so deserve it, and are a great inspiration to so many of us on here, thank you xxxxx

Thanks guys. Hannah i know i can hardly believe that its been a year myself.Jacquie i'm sure Mr A will do as much for you as he has for me he is an amazing man and to you and Jan thank you for saying i'm an inspiration that is what i strive to be for people starting out. I only got where i am today with the support of lovely peeps on here. Sam you were one of the first people i spoke to and i've always followed your journey given that our surgery dates are so close. I'm flattered that you say i inspire you as i would have been lost without your valuable advice along the way. Big hugs x

:)Happy surgiversary - have a lovely day:)

Also looking forward to meeting you tomorrow Allie-
either before or at the meeting
Juliex

Well done Allie! You look amazing! What an incredible achievement. Inspirational. <3 xxx

Back