• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sweetcorn

Hi im waiting for my band and this afternoon i was making my s/world sweetcorn chowder, its 1 large onion cooked in a stock cube and a 1/4 pint of water till dry, add 1 large potoato, 1 tin of sweetcorn and 600ml of stock,simmer for 20 mins, blitz half of soup and then add cooked chicken, ( my mum is vegetarian and makes this without the chicken and loves it). I love this soup but was wondering how banders get on with sweetcorn? Many thanks Hx

I don't have an issue with it but I am just over 2 week post op. My dietician has said that some people have trouble as the husky bits can get stuck but as long as it's in a soup it wouldn't be dry :) you wouldnt be able to have it right after your op but they will tell you what foods are ok :)
Goodluck! Xx

I don't have a problem with sweetcorn. Broccoli however is a very different story!

The chowder recipe sounds lovely. I make lots of homemade vegetable and lentil/barley soup and often have a cup as a snack or before the rest of my dinner to fill me up. I know it breaks the bander rules because its a slider food and you shouldn't have liquid for at least 30 minutes before a meal. However, I am not going to knock/stop what works for me.

Good luck with your band :D

I add sweet corn to my salads every day, I'm fine with it too x

I haven't dared try sweetcorn. (sleever).

Interested in flutterby's post about broccoli; that's my big nemesis too...what effect does it have on you? I can (just about) have it blitzed into a purée in soups, but I'd love to be able to eat a piece of broccoli :(

Ruthie - I PB on broccoli - always works its way back up no matter how much I chew it :( But other veg which are often problematic for banders are fine for me - such as asparagus / celery / rhubarb - even though they are quite fibrous.

You wont really know until you try it, everyone is different. At first post op you will have to have it completly blitzed but I'm not sure how well sweetcorn will blend down.

Sometimes I struggle with sweetcorn but always do with oranges :eek:

Not a fan - sometimes gets stuck as it takes some time to break down for me.... So I'll eat it if I know I won't be having something else for a good 8 hours....

I have no trouble with sweetcorn. I have crab meat and sweetcorn soup quite regularly and have no problems to report. Enjoy ya sweetcorn xx

Caren said:
its always whole again next time you see it hahahaha xxx

:D hilarious! Why is that....I wonder lol

Back