• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

swimmers

emma&alex

hiya

i know this is never gonna get an exact answer...and everyones different etc etc

but who here goes swimming regularly? and how long to do you swim for/how many lengths do you do?

i kinda wanna know what i should be aiming for & whats a reasonable length of time to be swimming for.

i went on tuesday & swam for about 30 minutes. 20 minutes i spent doing proper lengths & it took me about 20 minutes.
then i went again on friday morning & i did 40 lengths in 40 minutes.

ive not swam for a loooong time...thats why it takes me forever plus i figured id just take it easy & plod on. i did move continuously for the whole 20 minutes & 40 minutes. so better than nothing surely.

Hi luvvie, cant really help with your question about swimming, but when you say you posted in the wrong section what do you mean? I dont know anything about different sections, just wondering if you can advise, and tell me what i should be doing. Thank you xxxx

Hi Emma

Im a very keen swimmer, I was in my towns swimming club for many years. I just swim for 'pleasure' lol now.

Swimming is an excellent form of exercise! Best advice I can give is to do what you are doing ie keep moving but try and push yourself every few sessions to increase the number of lengths you do. Also use the the pool edge to do some stretches after your first few lengths and at the end. HTH!

I swim for 30 mins a time and til I got there I was building up to 60 in that time.

Have fun x

I go for a swim straight after my gym session on a Thursday and do currently 24 lengths... very slowly ! It takes me about 30 minutes, I have to be careful as I have an arthritic knee and I don't have the technique to go much faster !

Hi i am a really keen swimmer i go 4 to 6 times a week and i swim between 80 to 120 lenghts , depending on how i feel.
Marie.x

Hi hun u live near me and i go swimming at FX in poulton straight after gym i only do about 10 lengths cos it bores me rigid xxx

I was going to join FX with 2 of my friends who go there, but a different friend told me she left there to go to norbreck gym because she felt a bit out of place & said theres a lot of posey people. I don't know how you find it?

I go to YMCA at fleetwood now, joined there last week. got an off peak membership for swimming, gym & classes for 22 a month...which was much cheaper than norbreck.

I did an hours swimming this morning, i dunno how many i did, i just carried on for the hour.

A great post... the only exercise that I feel comfortable with, but I don't go to the baths often because of my size.

That is all going to change, since I'm planning on joining aqua aerobics with my friend who helps me along...

I used to swim a lot and I know it would help my spine... but after touching 50 I seemed to drop off and the last few years I have gained so much weight i can't bear to be be undressed as yet.

I will get back to it for certain... I prefer it in the warmer weather because of my chesty type problems...

But it's great girls and great for families too...

Love and hugs xxx

Plucking up the courage to go the first few times was really because I wanted to get Alex into doing something physical. I took him swimming every day on holiday, and I have taken him twice this week, and plan to take him to the mother & toddler classes I get free on my membership.

I didnt do anything like this as a young kid really, because my mum didnt want to be seen in public in a costume.. it was only when i was in the last year of primary school & i started going with friends.

I was going to join FX with 2 of my friends who go there, but a different friend told me she left there to go to norbreck gym because she felt a bit out of place & said theres a lot of posey people. I don't know how you find it?

I go to YMCA at fleetwood now, joined there last week. got an off peak membership for swimming, gym & classes for 22 a month...which was much cheaper than norbreck.

I did an hours swimming this morning, i dunno how many i did, i just carried on for the hour.

I was at the Norbreck and thought it was really dirty, was gonna go bannatynes but my son goes to FX, i find the people really nice and friendly xx
Its each to there own i guess xxx

Im on a rolling contract with YMCA anyway, so I can quit at any time...I might build up a bit of courage in the whole gym thing and start going FX with my friend. Shes like a beanpole though so no matter what I lose I'll still be the porky one.

What I like about YMCA though, is I can go to any of the other gyms on the fylde. I have 9 to pick from....so I might give poulton a try at some point

Back