• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Swimming. 1st time in 29 years

Tyraboots

Today I went swimming for the first time in 29 years. I was a teenager last time I went. Being in the water was unimaginable. Totally weightless. Didn't have a lot of stamina though, could only manage a couple of widths. But to actually take my daughter (aged 8) swimming for the first time. She learnt to swim at school luckily. So now, there will be many more swimming days for us during the summer. I look a fright in my costume, loose skin and still large, but at least the excess 8 stone isn't here with me. My stomach was going mad in the pool, growling like a bear, must have been the water pressure?

fantastic-star.gif

It's a big step, and I'm glad you enjoyed it.
I hope to start going swimming within the next couple of weeks, hopefully it will help with my weight loss and toning up.

Fantastic achievment i really admire you i would love to be able to go swimming unfortunately i have swopped being overweight for a deflated balloon look and still cannot find the courage to go:(. Well done you. janey :D:D:D

gosh well done you hun! i bet your daughter was over the moon x

Brilliant... this is what it is all about... a better quality of life and enjoying it!
Great news xxx

Tyra, you've just achieved something we all aspire to achieve following weight loss surgery!

You've had a normal experience that 'normal' people do every day. I bet your daughter was so happy to be in the water with you showing you her moves up close. The amount of widths you did is to me totally irrelevant, the fact that you bite the bullet and did it is in my eyes absolutely awesome.... Rock on girl xx

Well done you. Swimming is so good for you.

I like swimming I tend to go on a lunchtime when its mainly full of older people so I am now where near kids. But it is so nice feeling free in the water. So nice when you can go with the family too.

Well done keep it up

Jo
xx

When my daughter is back to school I am going to try to make swimming a daily event. Whether or not it will tone me I don't know, but I really enjoyed the sensation of it. I take a lot of the strong cocodamol so I am in constant pain, hopefully this will help.,

Well done! Swimming is one of the things that I refuse point blank to do 'cos of my size but I look forward to doing it after my bypass...

well done, thats encouraging i think i will give it a go

Back