• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

swimming

Paula1975

i went swimming at my gym for the first time yesterday....oh.my.god...i was so emotional after, it was a big step, overcoming my self confidence issues over going it alone. .......and lost 3lbs this week :D

You go girl! Well done you x

Well done I've been back in the pool for some pre-op exercise to get a little fitter for almost a month now and I manage 20-30 lengths 3 times a week before work and feel better for it. Dreading not being able to during the milk diet ( it says not to do strenuous exercise while on it) although dietitian says see how I feel but I probably won't feel like it. Let alone the weeks post op until fit to go again although hospital says 4 weeks unless I feel up to it before and if I do use plasters over wounds. At least I can get in the pool on holiday 5 weeks post op.
Good luck with your swimming.

Bahia,
I was told by the nurse 4 weeks if I felt up to it earlier then I would need to put a waterproof dressing on wounds to protect them. Hope that helps but perhaps best to check with your hospital or GP to get their view first.

Hi Paula, good for you - and congrats on the weight loss this week... keep it up!

I started up swimming again on Friday - it was that or the gym and I don't think my knees will take the gym. I love being in the water and I could stay in all day - its the getting from the changing room to the pool that's the hardest part!

The last sports centre where I used to swim closed just three months after I joined - maybe they're trying to tell me something?

I love swimming too. I joined the gym last month which includes the local swimming pools but unfortunately I gave myself a MASSIVE blister on my heel and havent been back yet. Might go for a swim tonight.
Great big WELL DONE to you for this weeks weight loss and the swimming. It does take a lot of willpower to get from the changing room to the water but hey, sod everybody else xx
Lynne x

I went for my swim. It was lovely but could feel my skin rippling in the water. I got over it and felt like some exotic aquatic being lol.
It was lovely. I did some lengths, front crawl, back crawl, I cant do breast stroke, my bottom floats too high up lol. Then I did some exercises whilst hanging on to the side.
I really enjoyed myself and nobody stared at my strange bathing attire.
Then I went to my daughters for a coffee and after that I walked Wizzy in the park.

Lynne x

Hey Paula, how's the swimming going? Have you been back to the pool since your post?

I went on Friday last week and Sunday morning - I was told Sunday AMs would be quiet but I guess the sun brought everyone out, cos it was crammed by 10am. I did half an hour none stop but was glad to be out - it was getting a bit intimate!

Going to try Thursday this week as they say its 'dead' on Thursday evenings. Plus the ususal Friday evening.

Also bringing the exercise bike downstairs tonight to make way for my sister's guinea pig - I'm piggysitting while she's on holiday for 2 weeks - so I might get to do a couple of sessions while I'm watching the soaps on an evening.

so well done ,im 3 wks post op but had complications and havent been very well but i love swimming and hoping to go when i feel better. xx

Back