• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SYL

SYL

Hello everybody,
I joined this forum today as I started my pre-op diet today and surfed the internet to see if there was a panel that would deal with WL surgery. I was quite amazed when I found this page.
It makes me feel good - as I am not alone; tought I sort of was :)
Having surfed a bit I read some amazing storied and must say that my fear about going through surgery has decreased a little bit.
It feels good to have a possibility to ask for help and advise and, in the long run, may be also help others that will be in the situation that I am now.
This is a brilliant possibility to exchange thoughts and, if needed, get a shoulder to lean on.
All the best to all of you - who have gone through a gastric bypass or are in my situation or are thinking about getting there.
Lots of greetings,
SYL from Beckenham, Kent

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum xx
You have just given yourself the best boost...finding this forum!!! That sounds a bit...silly maybe, but I truly do feel that every WLS patient should come to this forum, you learn so much and get so much support and education that it is AWESOME.
Good luck on your journey and and welcome to this fantastic place xx
Steph xx

Hi Syl and :welcome2: to WLS, good luck with your up coming surgery Im sure we can help one another on our journeys. X :D

:welcome2: Hellooooooo!
Good luck with your pre op diet....How are you finding it? Hope it all goes well for you.
xxxxxxxx :D

hello and welcome

Hi Syl - welcome to the friendliest forum on t'internet !
Where and when are you having your bypass ? Are you under Mr El Hasani at Farnborough ? There are a few of us here who live in the Bromley area (including Carol150 who also lives in Beckenham) and we've already met up a couple of times, so it could be a good excuse to arrange another coffee and you can bombard us with questions !

Just want to say hello and welcome to the bestest site in the whole world lol xxxx

Hi, BIG WELCOME
:welcome:

and enjoy this site I've found it totaly addictive and as I'm also having my surgery very soon, it also helps me stop BORING my long-suffering family to death! :D

Seriously, everyone on here is so fniendly and so supportive. :)

Enjoy!

shouts "HIYA" welcome to WLS youl find all the answers your looking for here as the people are so helpful and suportive - hope you well and wish you luck on your journey to WLS. i joined this site about a month ago and like many others havent logged out since! lol xoxoxoxoxox

Hi Syl,
Glad you are on board and sending a huge hug to help you on your way! xxx

Hello and welcome SYL... How exciting that you are on your journey....

Is there any chance you could fill in your profile a little bit so we can see when/where and what surgery you are having? You do it by going to the top of the page and clicking User CP and edit profile... It really helps us all when we are answering any questions if we know where people are from and what surgery they are having.. If like me you don't particularly want to put your starting weight down don't worry you can leave it ( i did for a while as i was embarassed but soon got over it)...

Welcome to the site and good luck with your pre op! I had my bypass June 10th this year and can honestly say i've not regretted it yet... Good luck xxx

Hi SYL, I'm new here too and have found this forum amazing, the information gained over the past year or so 'lurking' has made the decision a lot easier and my welcome has been great.
I hope your journey goes well and you keep us all informed of how you're doing.
Good luck.

Back