• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Symptoms of late dumping...

lyzzyanne

Happy shrinking bypasser!
I have decided that I don't get early dumping, on the few occasions that I have had 'naughty' things such as the odd piece of chocolate (not the odd couple of bags like I used to have!!)

Today I had a small piece of cheesecake, which tasted very sweet but I did't have any immediate issues with it. On looking at the sugar content tonight it was far higher than expected and had high fat content,I have this evening had the most awful upset stomach and haven't been able to stay out of the loo!! Is this late dumping??

"Early" dumping begins concurrently with or immediately succeeding ingestion of a meal. Symptoms of early dumping include nausea, vomiting, bloating, cramping, diarrhea, dizziness, and fatigue. "Late" dumping happens one to three hours after eating. Symptoms of late dumping include weakness, sweating, and dizziness. Many people have both types. The syndrome is most often associated with gastric bypass (Roux-en-Y) surgery.

Sounds like it. Something that didnt agree with your system as it went right down n through. Its not nice whateva way you get it, thats what half a hot cross bun did to me a couple of months ago. I suffer a lot with hot sweats after food doesn't have to be high in fat or sugar just makes me flush and sweat, especially in bed, when I get up on a morning by the time I come down stairs I have a flush. I havenot had a period for almost 2 years and have been goin gthrough the menopause for more than 10 years, but it is a pattern after food, but any food none specific. Just something I have to put up with.xx Hope you ok today just go easy with food today your poor tumm will need to have easy foods today it may be a little tender x

I definitely feel delicate today, I made a mistake with the tiny bit that I ate and it shot through!! This morning I can't face food at all, struggled to get my meds down. I have only had this happen once before and that was in the first week or so with watered down tomato soup!!! Put me off that for life!!
I had the sweats nausea as well and thats all I can put it down to.

Yeah I would stick to easy stuff today like porridge, soup if you can stomach it, weetabix that kind of stuff l/f custard, stuff that will just slide down. It will right itself keep up with the water it helps too. xx

Back