• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 weeks post op and experienced my first and hopefully last dumping episode :(

Danielle <3

Absolutely shocked bcoz I have been doing so well, and seriously didn't expect it to happen with what I had ate. Pasta sauce ( homemade) with a little bit chilli in and a small amount of choritzo, 3 tbsps full and literally an hour later absolutely ill, shakes, clammy, nausea and swiftly to the loo, the only good thing to come of it well let's just say its cured my constipation haha (TMI). Thank god hubby came home when he did and sent me to bed, got up after an hour and was much better just left with a tender tummy and feeling flat. I'm assuming the choritzo is the culprit. I know its high in fat however for the amount used in the whole pan of sauce I assumed my biddly portion would be fine . If I was going to have the dumping I feel cheated that I didn't have anything sweet !

A.Positive

Chuckled at you feeling cheated!

I hope you feel much better soon. xx

Danielle <3

Haha I know just shows though that you just never know what will affect you, thanks feeling a lot better today just going easy with foods today NO MORE CHORITZO ;) x

Lippyloirston

Hi Danielle, sorry to hear you were unwell, and shocked choritzo was the culprit. Only thought sweet things made you 'dump'. As I'm not a lover of chocolate etc thought I'd not have to worry too much about 'dumping',! Will have to rethink my post op diet.x

Ines4C

I had my first dumping episode with low fat peanut butter... Turned out they replaced the fat with sugar... And as I am blind, I can't see the label. Great. Sorry to hear a pasta sauce did it for you, its not nice to have dumping. It goes as quick as it comes though, but for the time it lasts its horrible. No, it's not just sweet things, I also had it even with brown toast, and fatty foods.

Tezza

I had my first experience of dumping with the smallest pot of jelly, I forgot to check if it was sugar free, I was in bed for two hours after. Im glad its happened tho as its put me off anything sweet since an i was a massive haribo lover.I've also had it with a mouthful of fish from the chip shop but then I've eaten other stuff an thought this might make me dump but it hasn't. I think sometimes it depends an can be a bit like food tolerances an change daily.

Paula Garner

Hi Danielle, sorry to hear you were unwell, and shocked choritzo was the culprit. Only thought sweet things made you 'dump'. As I'm not a lover of chocolate etc thought I'd not have to worry too much about 'dumping',! Will have to rethink my post op diet.x

It's not only sugar that makes you dump. Foods high in fat do it too :-(

shelleymarie

I didn't have my first dumping session until I was a year out. I had a little bit of orange juice on holiday. I can normally tolerate a little if I'm in a place I can't water it down but I think they must have a higher sugar content in some of their juices and it tipped me over the edge. I had 4 flights of steps to get up before I could use the loo and throw up lol. I then passed out in bed for a few hours. It's very true once it happens you are very careful with the culprit. It can certainly happen with fat as well as sugar but I've not had that problem before. Did you use tomato sauce in the sauce? as puree or in another form? that can be quite high in sugar so it might of been but the fat it certainly could cause it too. It's awful when it happens but at least you know what to avoid from now on.

Danielle <3

homemade or tinned ? as in my plan it suggests cream of chicken or cream of tomato it defo put me off pasta sauce its quite scarey how quickly it comes on my kids were like " Are u hot mammy are u ok " ermmm yes I will be fine you go and play, thank god my hubby wasn't on lates this week x