• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Symtomps...pain, please advice

Debbie15

Since yesyerday night I had a pain or tenderness on the left side close to my rib cage. Depends in what position i am sitting I can feel it more or less. I have started to take paracetamol but it is not helping. I just called the bariatric nurse to let her know, I am waiting for her call back, any ideas why or what it could be the problem. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Last edited:
Since yesyerday night I had a pain or tenderness on the left side close to my rib cage. Depends in what position i am sitting I can feel it more or less. I have started to take paracetamol but it is not helping. I just called the bariatric nurse to let ger now, I am waiting for her call back, any ideas why or what it could be the problem. Thanks

I had terrible pain in that area for 2 weeks post op :( its where most of the equipment in inserted so will be painful for a while. Mine improved when my staples came out, though. I still get a pain when bending over 8 weeks post op. It just takes time :):) x

I'm getting it too Debbie though not as much now. At my support group meeting I went to last night, others said they'd had it too and a few of them get it when they are full. Hope that helps and the paracetamol gets rid of it for you.

Love Kate x

Thank you very much, the bariatric nurse told me that if it gets worse just to go to A&E, I thought i was doing fine it seems that I was celebrating too early... Never mind.... but your comments really it has given me a bit of peace. Just being lazy laying on the sofa......

Thank you very much, the bariatric nurse told me that if it gets worse just to go to A&E, I thought i was doing fine it seems that I was celebrating too early... Never mind.... but your comments really it has given me a bit of peace. Just being lazy laying on the sofa......

That's not being lazy ... it's recuperating :):) x

I'm 18 weeks post op and still tender there if I lie on my left side or eat something my pouch doesn't like. It was weeks before I could lie on my left side. It is MUCH better now though.
I think some people get pain there if they have gall stones too. Mine was just from the op I think
Hope you feel more comfortable soon
xx

Erm... I had a pain. But it wasnt a surgery pain. I just needed to go to the loo... Maybe thats it?

X

Back