• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tablets in liquid form?

PinkyButtonz

Hi All,

Just wanted to know if I should get my tablets in liquid form in prep for bypass. Or are you able to swallow tablet after op? I'm on quite a few & drink lots of water trying to get them down.

i was told i had to go on liquids. Depending on what you are on it can take the pharmacvist longer to order. i would check with your hospital to confirm though. xxx

I got a big box of soluble paracetamol and a box of soluble tramadol from the hospital when I checked out :D

I think some liquid tablets only have a certain shelf-life so depends what tablets you're on. I'm not on any so can't be anymore specific than that I'm afraid. I guess it's best to have a word with your doc or surgical team.

Good luck!!

xxxx

Thanks All.
I take 14 tablets a day not including pain killers. Hoping I'll be off the Metformin by the time I leaves the hospital. I'm due to speak to the Bariatric Nurse tomorrow I'll ask her.

Heard some really good advice today at the support group re medication.
Go to your pharmacy who are the experts in all aspects of medication, more so than G.P ask them for help in whats available in smaller tablets/liqiud prescriptions and present to G.P apparently some G.Ps dont like to prescribe liquid form as its mor expensive.
Would never of though of this

I started off having mine in liquid form but now I just take the pills. I have to take them for longer as I can't swallow more than 2 at a time where as before I used to swallow 19 in one go. Just shows how big my mouth is I suppose lolx

Back