• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tablets sticking on way down

janeyf

I'm 4 weeks post bypass today and last week I was supposed to start taking all my supplements. I have postponed the Forceval until today as they are piggin ginormous. I have had to have all my tablets in tablet form i.e. Lansoprazole and calcium as I cannot bare the chewable versions they make me gag.

Did anyone else struggle with their tablets at this stage ?

You can get either (a) get a pill crusher from your local chemist and crush all tablets up (choose whether to eat or blend into soup) or (b) ask your GP / hospital to prescribe liquid alternatives for all your meds and vitamins.

I am surprised your hospital has not done this automatically if you had your op on the NHS ???

I was never offered liquid all my tablets were in the usual form, just had to do it was difficult at the start but eventually just got used to it. But no harm in asking. Some peeps get the vitamins like forceval on script but our area doesn't. Everywhere is so different! x

Our local Co-op pharmacy sells a pill crusher.

With Forceval I was told to cur the end off and swallow the liquid inside for a few weeks post op. I did it but I must say - it was blooming vile !!!!

Thanks everyone. I think I will persevere with the tablets even though it feels strange. They are capsules so I cannot crush them and having already crushed other tablets and coping with the disgusting taste, I reckon I'll be brave. I just don't want to think I'm doing any harm but my team did say I could take normal tablets after 2 weeks so I suppose at 4 weeks it should be safe.

I struggle still with tablets after 5 month !! I did get some of the dissolvable ones for lanzoprozole and a few others but they are a little icky, I take the forceval and they always stick!! some tablets can be crushed and some cannot, I suppose it is all a bit of hit and miss as we are all different, good luck with them maybe it will get better soon x

Back