• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sticking weight

tink75

Hi all - my weight has stuck for the first time this week and just wanted a little advice as to kick start it again. I have only lost one and a half pounds in 3 weeks and I'm sure I should be losing a little more than that. What do people do when they hit this stage. I think I read something about increasing your protein intake. Is this what you all have done and does it work. I'm really struggling with protein supplements as I can't eat ANYTHING sweet becasue it makes me feel sick (my tastes have REALLY changed) - I even struggle with the Calcium chews cause they are too sweet. If anyone knows a good savory protein supplement PLEASE let me know.

Thanks
Tink

Hi Tink, we all go through stalls and know how frustrating they can be. I don't know how others try and start the scales moving again but when I stalled I upped my general food intake and it seemed to work. I don't use protein supplements as I can't bear the taste but make sure that what I eat is high enough in protein so that hopefully I won't need them. I also dropped the carbs a bit and now try to keep them to a minimum. I try and listen to my body and if I'm hungry, I eat. I seem to need to eat well and regularly to keep the pounds coming off.

I hope this helps and try not to let it get to you, it will end I promise.

Cuppa xx

Great advice there cuppa, It happened to me too but I upt the protein and lost the carbs, and believe it or not I was stuffed after every meal. But then the inevatable happened the scales went back on the move. Gail x

We all stall sometimes my weiht began to stal when I went from mushed to more solid foods but I just make sure I have 2/5 protein, 2/5 veg and 1/5 carbs with my meals.

I stick to 70g-80g protein a day I dont use protein shakes as they are too sweet for me too. But one tin of tuna has 35g of protein and 100g of chicken has arund 23g of protein too hope this helps.

Change your diet around and eat different things, increase the protein (salmon/chicken/cheese) and ditch the carbs for a bit.

HTH

i mentioned this to my dietician who i saw last week, my weight stays put for weeks then drops very quickly then stalls again, she used the example of it being like a flight of stairs, some parts are all stairs, so the weightloss is quick, other times it's like being on a landing, (sometimes a big landing in my case!!) thus you get a stall but ultimately you're still going down the stairs and to persevere x

i mentioned this to my dietician who i saw last week, my weight stays put for weeks then drops very quickly then stalls again, she used the example of it being like a flight of stairs, some parts are all stairs, so the weightloss is quick, other times it's like being on a landing, (sometimes a big landing in my case!!) thus you get a stall but ultimately you're still going down the stairs and to persevere x

What a fabulous explanation! My weight does the same, stays for a few weeks then drops a few lbs, last loss was 2 weeks ago and I'm getting worried that is all over now:(
Thanks for posting Marky v!
Chin up Tink, let us know when it starts moving again:)

Great advice thanks all - I think when you stick you worry that you won't lose any more - scales have moved by a pound this morning so - yipee!!!!!!

Woohooo Tink I'm happy for you!:)

another thing i have noticed is this, my numbers may not be dropping quickly, but my body shape is, i have shirts that even 4 weeks ago were not really wearable, too tight around the belly area, yet now they are a perfect fit, so you may not be dropping the lbs, but i'm sure the inches are just melting away!!

another thing i have noticed is this, my numbers may not be dropping quickly, but my body shape is, i have shirts that even 4 weeks ago were not really wearable, too tight around the belly area, yet now they are a perfect fit, so you may not be dropping the lbs, but i'm sure the inches are just melting away!!

The exact thing has happened to me - I have dropped a whole dress size even though I have only lost a couple of pound - whoop whoop I love this surgery

Back