• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Taking Tablets

Gems123

Quick question, I am a pre-oper and I have a stupid question, can you still take your daily medication in tablet form, I was just wondering if it will go through without getting stuck, please feel free to laugh and giggle if this is the stupidest question on the forum!

:8855:

thanks, gems

flutterby1966

Not a stupid question at all! Personally I have no problems at all getting tablets through my band xx

Gems123

Thank you flutterby, it came to me last night when I was laying awake worrying about the surgery!

All the stupid questions I have seem to being answered by all the lovely people on here, so thanks again!

top_kat

I have had no problems taking any of mine even from early days

rach33

My dietician advised that for the first couple of weeks ask GP for liquid form if available but not all are or can be crushed, I think it best to speak to GP, I have mine ready in liquid form after my band on the 21st

Bookie

Not a stupid question at all, I am on a lot of meds and yes, I needed to know as well, but my friend who has had a bypass reassured me on that account!

I don't take daily medication but I was advised(for pain relief) to take liquid only medication for the 2 weeks post op. Good luck!

rickysmrs

hmm post op sleever (just) all my meds and there is alot have been either changed to liquid form or disolvable tablets. But turned out they were all making me physically sick so surgeon ask me to see docs today to see if I will be ok for six weeks without them. All ok and now have a cupboard and I mean a cupboard full of kiddies paracetamol the only one i could manage lol aswell as the iron n calcium from hosp in chewy form lol