• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

taking meds!

fatbutnot4long

hi guys im really really rubbish and have just realised i havent took my meds for 2 weeks :-0 i just forget because i dont feel ill - idont think to take tablets! how stupid! im worried now incase ive done damage! i was just wondering how u guys rememeber to take yours and if youve ever missed any? all advice welcome.. please feel free to tell me im a fool :( xx

hi guys im really really rubbish and have just realised i havent took my meds for 2 weeks :-0 i just forget because i dont feel ill - idont think to take tablets! how stupid! im worried now incase ive done damage! i was just wondering how u guys rememeber to take yours and if youve ever missed any? all advice welcome.. please feel free to tell me im a fool :( xx
ur not a fool :)

either set your mobile reminder or buy those pill dispensers (little plastic cubicles) and put your pills in it and place it somewhere, maybe, next to your keys.

or, if you a true scatter brain like me, fill your house with colourful post-it notes :)

Which meds are you talking about specifically?

My lansoprazole is kept in the drawer with my hairbrush, as I go in there everymorning.

I still frequently miss it.

lanzaprole , calcium, multi vit and f.s yuk ... x

Do you have to pace your meds over the day? Sorry if its a stupid question but i'm pre op! I have to take diabetes tablets every morning and make a point of having them with my cuppa and cereal... If my OH ever makes breakfast i invariably forget them as my routine is kettle on, teabag in, cereal made, water in tea, tablets in mouth, swig the milk to wash them down and put some in the tea at the same time... Boring but it works for me as i used to forget them all the time!

Kirsty - dont worry to much, doubt you will have done any damage, and if you've been feeling fine and had no nausia then i cant see there being a problem, though do start to remember to take them as longer term you will start to do damage.

I'm also very forgetful with mine too, i take my vits first thing in the morning before i leave the house, if my routine is thrown out i'll forget, and do quite oftern, though if i forget i'll make sure i take them later in the day, but the odd day missed isn't the end of the world.

I'm absolutely terrible at remembering my meds! I have to take loads every day, 3 times a day, for various things and I'm lucky if I remember once :eek:

My meds are by my laptop and I take them all first thing in the morning with my 1st cuppa tea

ohhh im going to do that! i go to my laptop everyday! umm julie i try to take them all in 1 go but im pants.. because i dont feel 'poorly' i dont think to take tablets xx

i take meds 4 times a day, the morning ones i put next to the toothpaste so when ive brushed my teeth i take one, then i have the rest in a little box and set my phone alarm to remind me to take them.

i decided to do this as i was always forgetting

sallie

i take meds 4 times a day, the morning ones i put next to the toothpaste so when ive brushed my teeth i take one, then i have the rest in a little box and set my phone alarm to remind me to take them.

i decided to do this as i was always forgetting

sallie

That's a great idea! I've tried using my phone alarm before but sometimes when I'm busy I'll turn it off and finish what I'm doing first but by then I've completely forgotten again. I have such a terrible memory it's unreal :eek:

In total I take 27 pills aday for different things so being as they are morning and night pills I keep them at the side of my bed. Before getting dressed I take my morning ones and before getting undressed I take my night ones. If I left them downstairs I would forget them tooxx

i HATE taking my meds! but after reading gaynors 27 tabs a day im gonna stop moaning!!!!

It was something that really worried me as I'm the worlds worst pill taker. I do what others suggested mornign ones by my chair where the coffee machine is and where I drink my pot of decaff coffee before breakfast (drinking is also a prob so I start early), then the others are at night so next to the bed. The other problem I have is forgetting to order the ones from the doc - task now delegated to OH who's much better!!

M

Never mind the meds WELL DONE for feeling well enough to forget them
Joking a side i keep mine by my toothbrush so its the first thing i do everyday ( well almost everyday )x

Im lucky enough not to have to take any but my OH leaves his by the tea bags to remind him to take them when he makes a cuppa. Seems to work but he also has a spare set in his work ruck sack and his locker just incase lol

I have them all over the house ... in the kitchen, bathroom, on my desk, by my bed, in the car and in my handbag ... in the hope I'll spot them and remember to take them :eek:

Which has just reminded me seeing this thread again that I've not taken any today so will do it now! ... then I wonder why my mood is all over the place!! :rolleyes:

Back