• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Taking the plunge part 2 !!!

flowerofshona

Well Im going back to the gym tonight first time in 2 years !! just my induction (fast track), and will do one night a week plus my swimming so thats upped my exercise a bit :eek:

woop! go Dawn, hope you enjoy it, good luck :) xxx

Well done Dawn :) have a fabulous time & hope you ache tomorrow in muscles you had forgotten you had, just to make it all worth while :D I love that feeling xxx :)

Well i was a little disapointed as i have to go back Tuesday evening with my gp referal letter as the girl was not qualifide to deal with heavy weights :(
So i went and did my 50 lengths in the pool instead.

Well i was a little disapointed as i have to go back Tuesday evening with my gp referal letter as the girl was not qualifide to deal with heavy weights :(
So i went and did my 50 lengths in the pool instead.
oh what a bummer :(

Well its not worth getting upset about, Tuesday is not far off and my cold will be well gone by then :) Aleast i have the referal letter here already so thats handy.

Went for a lovely mile walk in the forest :)

Well thats me back at the gym :) only managed 10 mins on treadmill and cross trainer BUT i had done 50 lengths of the pool before hand !!!!! (had to do it that way round tonight as my induction was at 8.30pm ).
She did try to talk me out of the op but as i said to her i lost 7 1/2 st at the gym before and im right back at the start again !! so she left it alone lol.
Will be going 3 times a week so if i don't lose weight i will scream !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well thats me back at the gym :) only managed 10 mins on treadmill and cross trainer BUT i had done 50 lengths of the pool before hand !!!!! (had to do it that way round tonight as my induction was at 8.30pm ).
She did try to talk me out of the op but as i said to her i lost 7 1/2 st at the gym before and im right back at the start again !! so she left it alone lol.
Will be going 3 times a week so if i don't lose weight i will scream !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must be very fit, Dawn ... I could not swim 50 lengths.:(:( I do manage 30 mins on my treadmill though, :):) (without any mishaps) Have you always been a strong swimmer, honey? Keep going, your trainer sounds like a sensible girl, lol xxx :)

I used to do sync swimming so love to swim :) will make sure i do the gym first then do as much swimming as i can as a treat.
Hell 30 mins on a treadmill is flippin good hun well done xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yep :) Next week I am planning to switch it on, lol :):)

:8855: :8855: :8855: :8855: :8855: :8855: :8855: :8855:
Well if you can use it not switched on you will be running when you do :8855: :8855:
(nutter!)

Phew im shattered!!
25 mins on treadmill 15 mins on cross trainer and 50 lengths of the pool and the muscles in my bum ache :8855:

Phew im shattered!!
25 mins on treadmill 15 mins on cross trainer and 50 lengths of the pool and the muscles in my bum ache :8855:

Well the muscles in my bum hurt too just reading that :D:D you sure you need this surgery, lol ... think you might be bionic.:D:D Well done Dawn, sweetheart xxx :):)

Phew im shattered!!

You do sound really fit for a person of our size !!

A few years ago when on one of my many, many, many previous "diet and exercise" attempts when my weight was down to about 18 stone I might have been able to do somewhere near that ....

But since osteo-arthritis has made both my right knee and right hip very stiff and painful, I shuffle around like a ninety year old .... and keep thinking I "can't" do this that and the other ..... but you are making me feel guilty (!) and that I should stop thinking of myself as an invalid old biddy and see what I can do :eek:.

Thanks for the inspiration !!! :)

I have been limping with my knee for years so know how you feel hun, i feel so old :(
I have always been fit for a fatty we had 2 allotments until last year and horses most off my life and i do enjoy exercise its better when i have something to aim for and i want to be as fit as poss before my op, did i mention my bum aches :8855:
Try swimming it supports all your weight so its much easier on the joints

Back