• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

argggghhh all this effort and 4 what???

fatbutnot4long

im soooo annoyed!!! my scaled have not moved for 2 weeks .. (although i never gained any water retention w8 during my totm) ... theres no reason they should have stuck this long.. i do normally gain 7lb ish b4 my 'star' week but 2 just stick :( i havent eaten bad (althou i had a couple of days of 1200 calories) and ive done sooooo much exercise! just this week i went swimming and gym on sunday - swimming on monday - gym tuesday - swimming wednesday - gym and swimming thursday - gym and swimming friday and nout today i dont go on sat and thats no even inc the wii! ive tryed soooo hard .. and im begining to think is this even worth it?? right now.. im not so sure! x

Kirsty dont fret about it, i'm the same, jumped on the scales this morning and i've gained 2lb in a week dispite the fact i run 5km a day and follow that with a fairly intense cardio work out in the gym - the science tells me that i'm increasing muscle mass and until thats stabilised i'll gain dispite watching my calories carefully.
Its at this point most dieters give in and go back to old habbits (god knows i've done it enough times) but dig deep and keep telling yourself that it will turn the other way eventually and have a bit of faith in your pouch and the diet your eating.

I know it's easier said than done but there comes a time when we have to stop obsessing over weight loss and start paying attention to our body shape instead. Get out the tape measure and start keeping a record of various measurements and monitor these rather than your weight.

If you're exercising and toning up your body you will see the inches drop away. Muscle mass weighs more than fat so whilst you're not seeing much/any weight loss, or, as SS mentioned, possibly gaining a pound or two, you're still burning off the fat and gaining muscle.

It might be an idea to raise your protein intake slightly too to ensure your body is burning off fat for energy. You don't want to be losing muscle mass at this stage.

Sometimes we just stall, sometimes we get transference (fat to muscle) and sometimes we gain.

Do not beat yourself up over it, I only lost 4kgs in the space of 5 months. So glad this fill has taken back to good restriction.

I have slowed right down but look at what you have already lost and look at the big picture.

The frustration and guilt of trying to loose weight needs to be lost, this is not a race, its the rest of your life and you will loose again.

Try a subtle change in the diet, up the calories a little and fool your bodies metabolism to work harder. Try doing a different exercise, add more protein, less carbs and up the fluids. All these things can help kickstart the losses.

Back