• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stage 3 - pureed foods

fudgebunny

Hia moved onto Stage 3 yesterday eating thicker foods now eg like baby food consistency. Wow what a difference I become full more quickly. However, each time I eat shortly after I getting indigestion like feeling and alot of wind and pain. Is this due to eating too quickly maybe?? Wondering if anybody else experienced this? Thanks all xx

hi hun ive had a bypass... and that would be the feeling i would have if i ate too fast... as its pured it is easy to eat it a lot quicker than you would normal foods... so best thing to do is have a spoonfull of food... put yor spoon down... then afte say 10 t 15 seconds have your next spoonfull.. try that and see if that helps...
There are plenty of banders on here who will be able to help you more.. sure they will be along soon xx

Hi Rayne, thanks for your input as always. I wondered if that's what it was. Will definately slow it down x
:eek:

Yeah too quickly. Should aim to wait a minute between each mouth full, she says but have hardly managed it but getting there more and more. When you start getting fills it ll be key, so start now when you have those wind pain to say, must slow down so it becomes second nature xxx hth xxx

Small movement little and often, windeze and pepermint tea xxx

Nope, you are still recovering xxx

Once you start having two three fills and the weight ll come off, that what I keep telling myself xxx

hopefully otherwise I have paid ALOT of money for nothing. This was my last resort after trying everything else under the sun for so many years. Lost 10lb pre-op on the liver shrinking diet. Put on 3lb right after surgery and then lost 10lb 6 days after surgery but nothing since :-(

How much are you having? it would be pretty hard to have too much at your stage, so dont worry x

You must learn to stop when you feel discomfort, you need to listen to your banded stomachs cues. What you are describing could still be wind pain but the full feeling is also felt as a tightening in the chest.

I get a sort of 'indigestion' type feeling and not like a fullness before, understand stomach pouch is at the top now so food settles there not lower down.

It sometimes feels like food has gone down the wrong way?? I am having really bad trouble with trapped wind still x

Back