• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Thanks for your support

angie790

Hi all,

As some of you may know, I had my op cancelled (with less than 24 hrs notice) last Monday. Pretty gutting as I had just done 14 days liver shrinking diet, lol. Apparently they had a lady in with complications (doesn't bode well...) and they basically didn't have a bed for her, so obviously her need was greater than mine so I got shunted.

'Peeved' was an understatement, but I have the worst luck in the world so somehow I wasn't surprised, and I'm not going to rant about how poorly managed & organised the wards are, that scheduled operations have to be cancelled to accommodate complications....!!!!

Anyway, got to keep going haven't we, so I went back to work on Tuesday. I have been given another date of 5th October. I gave myself a break from the diet for a few days (mainly because I was sooooooooo cold all the time), but went back on the diet on Saturday, although I am only doing 10 days this time.....I think my liver may have actually disappeared if I stayed on it for a month!

Gave myself a break from here for a few days, mainly because I was such a miserable cow, it wasn't fair to inflict that on anyone!!! But, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for their support & kind words (not that I read it at the time), but it is very thoughtful of everyone who posted to take the time to do so.

Also, as I missed a few ops & people coming home after their ops, I just wanted to say a belated: 'I was thinking of you all, I hope you are all home and recovering well' xxxxx

I feel for you Angie and can understand how gutted you were. Glad to have you back with us ! Hope everything goes smoothly this time - you'll soon be on the losers' bench and starting your new life. Take care, xx

At least you've got another date. Not much of a consolation I know but I'm trying to be a bit positive ;)

I'm currently on the milk diet as my op is on 2nd Oct :fingerscrossed: & I am so cold too. I'm normally red hot all of the time but not these last few days.

Take care

Hi Angie,

So sorry about your disappointment but pleased that you have the 5th October in your sights...

I should be thanking you, since you are always supportive and caring.....

Wishing you all the very best and sending a loving hug as always, Bev xxx

Huge hugs for your disappointment and heres hoping that they send you to surgery first that day to make up for the last time.
Steph xx

At least you've got another date. Not much of a consolation I know but I'm trying to be a bit positive ;)

I'm currently on the milk diet as my op is on 2nd Oct :fingerscrossed: & I am so cold too. I'm normally red hot all of the time but not these last few days.

Take care

Another date does help a bit, but not much tbh! Even though I was very excited about it, it's not just the mentally getting psyched for the op, I know I'm not the only person who works full time, runs a business, OH works full-time, with a teenage daughter & houseful of pets...there is just so much else to organise & it's just not that easy to keep re-arranging.

I did laugh at you saying you are normally red hot, me too, but I have been a terribly cold bunny the last 3 wks!

Reactions: zns
:)Sounds like you've had a rough couple of days but dealt with it well & are back on track-
-thanks for letting us know & roll on 5th Oct:)

I know Angie, its awful. This is my own personal opinion & I'm sorry if this offends people, but, I sometimes think we're not seen as people with feelings, rights etc. We're just seen as fat!

As for the red hot thing, just wait til after our op's we'll be even hotter!!!! Ha, ha

oh hell I I'd have been totally gutted, you sound like you've coped really well. the very best of luck next week x x

Hi Angie
So glad you have re appeared on the site. Emma and I were really concerned as we didn't know your op had been cancelled, until an update was put on this site.
I can only guess at your disappointment, but really hope that the 5th comes around quickly and you are soon able to take your rightful place on the loser's bench.
Take care hun xxxx

Really glad to see you back hunnybunch! Not long to go now xxxx

Hi Angie,

I was supposed to be having my op on the same day as you and mine was also cancelled so I know exactly how you felt. I also have a very busy life, three kids, job, animals etc so I know how annoying having to rearrange is but we will get there in the end. Im booked in again for tomorrow afternoon but I am still a bit doubtfull that its going to happen, silly eh? But like I said, we will get there in the end wont we and it will all be worth it.

glad to hear your got your new date hun and im sorry that your 1st one got cancelled - dotty is going thru the same thing now it must be terrible! cant wait to hear how you go on with your surgery and good luck with your 2nd ppre op diet, lol! loadsa hugs cuming your way xxxxxxx

Hi Angie. It's so good to have you back petal. I was so gutted to hear what had happened to you. I can only imagine how you must have felt. I do hope everything goes smoothly for you this time.
Sending big hugs, Charis xxx

Back