• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling my op will be cancelled

flowerofshona

I have a gum/tooth infection with an abscess only 9 days to my op and im sure it will be cancelled :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Been so good on my liver diet and done the extra to make sure my liver shrank !!!
In soooooooo much pain and so upset i want to runaway :cry: :cry: :cry:
Dentist tomorrow afternoon but not hopeful they can sort it in time.

I have a gum/tooth infection with an abscess only 9 days to my op and im sure it will be cancelled :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Been so good on my liver diet and done the extra to make sure my liver shrank !!!

oh honey :( i'm sure you'll be ok. If the dentist treats you tomorrow, the pain will ge gone straight away :) xxx

oh ayy dont worry to much hunny your dentist will give you antibiiotics explain to him your having surgery and they may be a\ble to give you 7 days worth to get rid of it. goood luck. xxx

5 days on strong antibollox and you'll be dandy hun :) tell the dentist your due for surgery and you want the equivilent of horse tranquilisers ..... I've everything x'd for you Dawn xx

i to am ment to have my surgery on the 21st feb but it looks a bit bleak at the minute as i havent heard about this filter yet. looks like i will be doing this liver shrinking diet again.

Sorry to whinge, i know others have problems and have loads worse to deal with, i think im so low with the milk diet this has just hit me hard and the thought of my op slipping away is so upsetting :(

Just get the antibi's ASAP hun and ask the Dentists advice about doubling them up for the 1st 24hrs - I was allowed to do this when I was 5months pregnant and had the worst chest infection ever!

Stay strong xx

Oh you poor things, Dawn & Lynda :cry: I really hope a 5 or 7 day course of AB's will sort you out in time, Dawn :wave_cry:& that Lynda's op can go ahead after getting the filter fitted :wave_cry: You both sooo deserve it to go your way for once :wave_cry: xxx

I hope the dentist is able to "double dose" you, or something like this to get you all well before the surgery. Good luck!

Hi,

Having any sort of dental infection will stop you having surgery. To make sure this does not happen you need to do the following;

See your dentist first thing tomorrow and make sure s/he is aware of the surgery and ask for maximum possible antibiotics.

Next go to the supermarket and buy Corsodyl mouthwash. You can get this as a daily mouthwash, but that is not the one you want. You want the stronger one and you want to use it 4 times a day until the time of your surgery.

Inbetween times you want to gargle salt water, as hot as you can tolerate it.

This will all give you the best chance of getting rid of the infection so that your surgery can go ahead.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Julie xx

Good luck Hun xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi

The old saying that goes

It will take seven days with Antibiotics and a week without is still often true.

Saying that ask your dentist for 500mg Penesilin as they often only give 250mg and then double it up if it dosen't clear up.

The other bad news is that your dentist will probably want to do route canal work on you once the infection has gone.

One last tip, don't let the dentist try to work on it untill the infection is gone, as dental anaesthetics dose not work if you have an infection, don't ask me how I know :(

Paul

We have a GP in the family and he always doubles up on ABs for the first few doses. So make sure your dentist does that too. I feel very positive for your op going ahead Dawn.

Dawn I am sure you will be fine, normal dental dosing for antibiotics is Amoxicillin 500mg three times a day for three days - on top of this you could also ask for Metronidazole 200mg twice a day for 5 days, this will ensure all types of bacteria are covered...if that does not sort our your infection then you should book for the vet's rather than Mr Davis as you will probably need putting down ! Good luck, I am sure you will be fine.
ps as the pharmacy for chlorhexidine mouth wash - same as Corsydyl but a 1/3 of the price. xxx

Oh god I hope u get it sorted still praying I won't get anything infection in my extraction hole I had last week before my op

Hi , so sorry to hear you're in pain with your tooth and gum but as others have said, you still have time to get it sorted. I had the beginnings of a chest infection about 9 days before my op and I immediately went and got high-dose antibiotics from the GP and that sorted it. I, like you was petrified that my op would be cancelled. I also had been taking ecinacea and vit c with zinc in the lead up to my op to help prevent any infections and I'm convinced they helped!

Good luck and keep us posted!!!
Sarah xx

Oh sweetheart no one knows better than I do how you are feeling at the moment. Both with the abscess and the cancelled op

Double up on the antibiotics for the first 24 hours, I was on Amoxicillin 500mg for 7 days (5 if you count the fact I doubled for 48 hours :whistle:)

My abscess felt better after 2 days but it has only just come to a head and discharged (18 days later)

At least you have got 9 days before your op. I only had 5 days before mine. I hope the extra 4 days helps you.
Good luck

BUT PLEASE don't try and hide it from the surgical team. Better for them to cancel than anything go wrong

My hubby said that he "would rather have me around ranting and raving than visiting me in ICU or worse the cemetery" Kinda made me think :eek:

Thanks Wendy,
It has burst a few times and the new mouth wash is helping loads. I will give it until Friday and if no better will tell the hospital :(
I don't think its the tooth as that does not hurt, seems to be the gum so fingers crossed the anti B's work.
Thanks all for the support it has helped loads xxxxxxxxx

Back