• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The 18st mom stuck on a butlins slide!

i saw this to but the story i read said 20 stone, yes 18 is a hefty weight as im about that weight, and i dont feel like a slimjim, BUT i dont think its to extreme to be causing the outrage like it is in the press.... this is a human being makes me so angry, she and her family and friends have to read this, the shame she ll be feeling will be so immense makes me cross, there rant over haha xx

God this makes my blood boil :mad:

For a start yesterday the Sun reported her as 20 stone, today 18 stone. And the weight restriction for the ride was 20 stone yesterday and today is 30 stone.

I mean, you read rubbish like THE SUN and what do you get? A lot of mis-quotations that's what.

As for the comments. One woman yesterday was slagging her for being fat and today was sticking up for her - make your mind up you fat-hater!

some of them comments are disgusting, i wouldnt mind but she isnt really that big is she.
i wonder how many of those making such disgusting comments smoke, drink, take drugs, etc etc etc, why is it that every addiction is accepted, but if your overweight, you're the lowest of the low.

What i found disturbing was they put a phone number on the article saying 'do you know this woman and did you have evidence of it!!!!!'

Disgusting really disgusting.

It really annoys me!! It doesn't matter if this woman was 20stone, 18stone or 8stone her weight was not the reason she got stuck on the slide!

The reason she got stuck was due to the powered water jets not working properly, they push the dingy she was in, down the slide. When the dingy stopped moving due she got up out of the dingy to try to get down the slide but slipped & hurt her back! Butlin's have confirmed that the water jets weren't working efficiently.

If this woman had been 8 stone the story would not have made national headlines. In fact we'd not have heard about it. But because the poor woman is overweight its deemed as newsworthy.

She was NOT stuck on the slide 'cos she is a big lass but because she hurt her back trying to get down the slide.

Back