• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The 2012...pre-oppers list....so we can belong somewhere...

ooohh heres something to chat about...

had a massive row with the OH yester....i became a raving *****! told him exactly how it feels to be fat...crying, sobbing arguing....

he was then extremely honest with me...will support me 100% but thinks surgery is the easy way out...

i have had to put this into perspective for him and talk about the good things over the bad and etc....

but today i feel like ive been run over by a bus :( my eyes are sore....i also had 3 ciggys!!!!!!

we are ok now, and ive decided that i am not going to be depressed until i find out if they will give me an op or not...i cant live like that....so chin up vicki!

tits and teeth...thats what i call it lol

awww thats a shame :( glad you're ok now, this really is a roller coaster. You hear some people have the op within a few months and some wait a few year. Its just so frustrating not knowing anything, at least if you knew you could prepare yourself. At least youve now told him how it feels for you, and when the time comes for your op, only you can decide what to do, dont be swayed by him or anyone else. This is your life and if you have to go through it alone, well so be it, we'll all be here for you :) xxx

MissyMustDoIt said:
ooohh heres something to chat about...

had a massive row with the OH yester....i became a raving *****! told him exactly how it feels to be fat...crying, sobbing arguing....

he was then extremely honest with me...will support me 100% but thinks surgery is the easy way out...

i have had to put this into perspective for him and talk about the good things over the bad and etc....

but today i feel like ive been run over by a bus :( my eyes are sore....i also had 3 ciggys!!!!!!

we are ok now, and ive decided that i am not going to be depressed until i find out if they will give me an op or not...i cant live like that....so chin up vicki!

tits and teeth...thats what i call it lol

Aaww bless ya hun, most partners are useless in our situation especially if they haven't been through this, or had a weight problem ... its not the easy way out its the ONLY way out for a lot of people or it certainly is for me!, you can always count on us to support you! Xxx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Hes only worried about me really....hes not overweight, never has been...so doesnt understand that this op effectively will be my willpopwer...i can diet, i can lose weight, but i need this op to stop me from going back to my old ways...severe yes...necessary,yes... He will be there for me, but considering ive only just told him of whats been in my head for 15 odd years...it will take longer than a couple of hours for him to get his head around it. I explained it like this yesterday (was rather impressed myself haha).....

A car engine...if your car stops, you dont just replace the engine straight away, you try the sparkplugs first, then something else etC.....only as a last resort would you put a new engine in or buy a new car! Hes a man...he understood that better lol

I wouldnt be without him, or vice versa, but being overweight is a hard thing to understand when youve never been through it.

This place, you lot, are my everything, ive told you all stuff i darent admit to myself..your my therapy..and i cant thank anyone enough xxxx

MissyMustDoIt said:
Hes only worried about me really....hes not overweight, never has been...so doesnt understand that this op effectively will be my willpopwer...i can diet, i can lose weight, but i need this op to stop me from going back to my old ways...severe yes...necessary,yes... He will be there for me, but considering ive only just told him of whats been in my head for 15 odd years...it will take longer than a couple of hours for him to get his head around it. I explained it like this yesterday (was rather impressed myself haha).....

A car engine...if your car stops, you dont just replace the engine straight away, you try the sparkplugs first, then something else etC.....only as a last resort would you put a new engine in or buy a new car! Hes a man...he understood that better lol

I wouldnt be without him, or vice versa, but being overweight is a hard thing to understand when youve never been through it.

This place, you lot, are my everything, ive told you all stuff i darent admit to myself..your my therapy..and i cant thank anyone enough xxxx

Don't worry my husband is abit useless at the moment and he has been through all this but has gained about of weight again so is feeling like he has failed again and is so jealous that I'm getting the chance to have the op that he had ... he supports me but it doesn't feel like it because he won't talk to me when I try talking about it, that's why you lot are vital for me to have proper support all my family are there (but not with weight problems so don't fully understand) xxx

My partner is very slim and my need for a bypass has caused stress before. He sees me as a strong woman who can do anything. In the last week (since our new years ever meltdown) he has been very supportive about my op and is even excited for me. I think our rough day where we nearly split made him look at me properly again.

I want to be on the list. I have no idea when my op is, so it is good just to be here lol

Don't worry my husband is abit useless at the moment and he has been through all this but has gained about of weight again so is feeling like he has failed again and is so jealous that I'm getting the chance to have the op that he had ... he supports me but it doesn't feel like it because he won't talk to me when I try talking about it, that's why you lot are vital for me to have proper support all my family are there (but not with weight problems so don't fully understand) xxx

Thats a dynamic I have not seen before xxx

Glad you are here so you can natter with all us :D xxx

Fuffs said:
My partner is very slim and my need for a bypass has caused stress before. He sees me as a strong woman who can do anything. In the last week (since our new years ever meltdown) he has been very supportive about my op and is even excited for me. I think our rough day where we nearly split made him look at me properly again.

I want to be on the list. I have no idea when my op is, so it is good just to be here lol

Yeah if Ian doesn't stop being so jealous then we are going to have a huge row because I need to know he's going to support me after and help not hinder my progress .... but yeah it is great to be here when were waiting to be told anything Xx

Fuffs said:
Thats a dynamic I have not seen before xxx

Glad you are here so you can natter with all us :D xxx

Ah he drives me mad! Always sayin he supports me but it seems to me like a load if s*** lol gggrrrrr xxx

My partner is names Ian too lol

He admitted he will feel insecure. And feels I may leave him when I am slim. I assured him my weight is not what keeps me with him and if we split it will be because of us, not my weight.

Sometimes, they just dont get it chick!!

I know its not always lack of love. Sometimes they want to support us. But they can't see past their own feelings. If and when they do, it makes life a lot easier :) (not all men of course, before anyone jumps on me)

Fuffs said:
My partner is names Ian too lol

He admitted he will feel insecure. And feels I may leave him when I am slim. I assured him my weight is not what keeps me with him and if we split it will be because of us, not my weight.

Sometimes, they just dont get it chick!!

I know its not always lack of love. Sometimes they want to support us. But they can't see past their own feelings. If and when they do, it makes life a lot easier :) (not all men of course, before anyone jumps on me)

Lol asif,

Yeah my Ian said he will feel insecure too no matter what I say to him there a pain Haha! That's why I'm so glad I have this place to retreat to when he's moaning and being a prat! Yeah its not just men its just PARTNERS!! Lol xxx

I had the opposite to this, my partner was dead set against me having the op as he 'might not want me when I'm slim'. To which I responded "that's not a problem, I'll find someone that does"!! Some men are strange creatures, generally the ones that I hook up with lol :)

H xx

Montana said:
I had the opposite to this, my partner was dead set against me having the op as he 'might not want me when I'm slim'. To which I responded "that's not a problem, I'll find someone that does"!! Some men are strange creatures, generally the ones that I hook up with lol :)

H xx

Aw bless ya! I'd of said well maybe I won't want you when I'm slim lol Xx

These are the reasons I'm not going to get into a relationship right now. I don't want to have to deal with it if I don't have to. Then, maybe later when I'm used to the new me, I can let someone else in.

You can add me to the list as well : )

Newmelani said:
These are the reasons I'm not going to get into a relationship right now. I don't want to have to deal with it if I don't have to. Then, maybe later when I'm used to the new me, I can let someone else in.

We have been married 3 years in may so its abit late for me hahaha xxx

Lol asif,

Yeah my Ian said he will feel insecure too no matter what I say to him there a pain Haha! That's why I'm so glad I have this place to retreat to when he's moaning and being a prat! Yeah its not just men its just PARTNERS!! Lol xxx

lol!!! Pain in butt they are!!!

H xx

I know the feeling!!

And looool. I would have said the same!

You will find your Prince when you are ready for him :D

We have been married 3 years in may so its abit late for me hahaha xxx

We are 5 years in and have a child. So a bit late for me too :( lol

Fuffs said:
lol!!! Pain in butt they are!!!

I know the feeling!!

And looool. I would have said the same!

You will find your Prince when you are ready for him :D

We are 5 years in and have a child. So a bit late for me too :( lol

Haha yeah we have a child too lol gggrrrrr to have the single life hey Haha Xx