• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm back, but......

Nicoli12

Hello everyone, I have not been on here for ages. Again, I need advice and help, so just to re-fresh. Had my band done in May, but it flipped and had another op in July for it to be stitched in and a fill, 4 ml. Started to feel hungry so in September went to have a fill. They discovered that my band wast not emptied and I had 6 ml in there so they put .5 ml. I have not lost any weight since my pre-op diet which is about 10lb - yes I am pleased that has gone and I am in my 3rd different stone but what's next. I have told myself it is early days, but that does not help, sometimes I wish that I should have not gone ahead with the op. I have been told to stick to 1200 calories a day, but to be honest I hardly eat anything now. BUT when i have cooked fresh veg and meat, I get the 'pain' and when I eat cr@p it goes down fine, I wish this was the other way round! So I know I don't have 1200 calories a day. I know sometimes I have eaten to fast and or I have wind build up (!) and everything comes back up.
So Ladies and Gents please help me, I feel so down at the moment.
Thank you
Nicky:cry:

O nooo didnt want to read and run, hopefully some of the very experianced banders on here will be able to help and anyone else... hope your on track soon xx

Sorry you have been through the mill, I find sticking on here to post helps through the tough times.
For a start it sounds like you are too tight and 1200 for your current weight is very low IMO.
I would try and get a slight defill and make sure you get at least 1200 in...for your current weight it has an ideal intake of 1802 in Rosemary Conleys plan for example...so you could have 1400 to 1600 and lose weight without exercise .
Definately add a half hour a day though, even walking on the spot for 10 minutes 3 times a day is better than nothing.

Sounds like you are in starvation mode to me.
If you can get a little taken out so you can keep proper food down, try then to stick to high protein , low fat and low GI complex carbs and limit sugar and fat as much as possible.

Hi

The fact that the good stuff is not going in so well is due to your restriction. Ideally you should be able to eat small healthy meals that keep you full for longer - you may feel a slight tightening around your pouch when full (under your left boob!). Cr@p (your words lol) will tend to slip through the band which is why you can eat more of it.

I dont know if your band is too tight or not - what size is it?

Try going back to basics - cut out the cr@p and try to eat healthy band filling foods but eat slowly, chew, chew and chew.

Good luck x

i agree a de fill would be beneficial so you can eat healthierr food choices, eating to quickly and lack of chewing can also stop you from eating healthier foods, learning to use restriction correctly is the hardest thing ever for a bander to learn to do, you need restrriction but also need to learn to listen to where the cut of point is with the volume intake with healthy food too....good luck xxx

I am in the same position as you right now and I know in my heart of hearts that my band is too tight. I have had the same problem for months and it is only due to the support from here that I have booked to see my team for a defill. Like you said the cr@p foods go down easily and I have said before if I had the choice between a mars bar or a meal I would have the mars bar to save the uncomfortable feeling and the vomiting. Think it over because you will lose more weight with the real foods rather than the cr@p foods. Every little bit of the rubbish food will be stored as your body won't know when its going to be fed again. This will not help with your weight loss sweetheart so please consider a little defill. Good luck in whatever you decide to do xxx

Thanks for your comments, it's hard, I think I will e-mail the nurse at the hospital. I would rather eat the healthy stuff but like you said it is easier to eat the cr@p stuff or sometimes if I don't feel hungry then nothing. Even if I I can shift 2lb a month I would be so happy. I have a 10ml band, so if I have a de-fill will I not be hungry again like I was before? I know some people have said that they find their 'sweet spot' but I that was when your band tightness was ok and losing weight, so would you perhaps have 0.5 ml fill at a time so you would know then?
Life is never simple!!!
xx

Nicky

Its hard to tell if you have a small defill how it will effect you. 1/2 mil could make all the difference, yes you may feel hungry but you should still feel hunger but hopefully you will be able to start eating the good stuff which will keep you fuller.

Let us know what they say when you email and good luck! x

Mazza is right, I had 1/2 mil out and it made a huge difference.
I would say plan ahead and make sure you have healthy stuff in as it will stay in the pouch and filter down a lot slower so you will feel satisfied.
If you buy in unhealthy stuff you will be making it harder for yourself.
Plan to follow a calorie controlled diet or join slimming world etc and get all the crap out of the house so you don't trip yourself up from the defill onwards.

Back