• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Think my band is finally working!!

Shrinking?

Just thought I'd share...

Had 3rd fill last Tuesday and I understand what it's all about now! Thought I'd wasted a load of money on this, but maybe not.

Mylast 2 fills no restriction at all and suddenly here we are. have lost 7lbs in 1 week (whihc I assume will slow down a bit). Think have lost 3 stone since September now and wasn't really trying very hard to be honest.

Something strange happened during my fill whihc I would like to know if anyone else had this.

The nurse withdrew all the fluid from my band expecting there to be 6ml in there, she withdrew 7.5ml. Someone didn't measure properly I assume. Just thought it was weird.

Another (sorry grim) question. I can't vomit. I've had a couple of tummy bugs lately with rest of family happily puking and all I do is retch & retch. Now I know this is not good for the band, but just wondered if anyone else experienced this.

Anyway band working (too) well, no matter how much I chew I only manage a few mouthfulls each mealtime over the last week. Made conscious effort to get food in me today to make me feel a bit better (feeling low in energy understandbly) and have managed a small museli finger and innocent smoothie for breakfast and half a tub/portion of tuna pasta for lunch. Feel absoltuely stuffed. Like i've eaten a massive macdonalds or something (distand memory, what were they?). :sigh:

Anyway wanted to share to those of you who think they've gone through this for nothing so far (like I did).

xx

Hey great news that its now working for yu, am not a bander so cannot say about the wretching ect but someone will be along sortly who can

Another (sorry grim) question. I can't vomit. I've had a couple of tummy bugs lately with rest of family happily puking and all I do is retch & retch. Now I know this is not good for the band, but just wondered if anyone else experienced this.

i can only be band sick now if ive eaten to much or had a blockage, ive never been sick through a tummy bug, i think its because we now can no longer vomit from the lower tummy as the band seems to stop it coming back through.

Hi Shrinking ... seen your post & wanted to say 'well done' & to let you know about our Weight Loss Support Group Meeting ... :
Saturday 2nd May
at The BEAGLE, Old Hadleigh Road, Sproughton, Ipswich, IP8 3AR
1pm to 4pm
(As you come into the Beagle, we have commandeered the bit to the left, by the fireplace!)

The meetings are for anyone interested in Weight Loss Surgery of any kind, those that are pre-op, post-op, NHS or self-funded. They are informal 'get togethers' & general chat amongst people that have had or are seeking surgery (you are welcome to bring along anyone for support if you wish).

If you would like any further details, or have any questions, please email Expose Email or pm me! (Definites coming along Saturday are 3 bypassers, a bander & two pre-oppers so far!)

We look forward to seeing you if you fancy a coffee & a chat with us. We are trying to spread the word as much as possible as the Support Group is desperately needed to share experiences & just to 'be there' - watch this space for more happenings in the future!!

Take care & Best wishes

~ Penny ~

Back