• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The beginning!?

WobblyW

Hi, Like most people here I have tried many diets and been succesful...to a point, then everything goes wrong and I put weight back on. So after a lot of soul searching and research discussed weight loss surgery with my GP and he agreed to refer me. I now have an appointment for 8th May to see a dietician, in relation to wls, just wondered if anyone could give me advice on what to expect at this appointment.

W

Hi, Like most people here I have tried many diets and been succesful...to a point, then everything goes wrong and I put weight back on. So after a lot of soul searching and research discussed weight loss surgery with my GP and he agreed to refer me. I now have an appointment for 8th May to see a dietician, in relation to wls, just wondered if anyone could give me advice on what to expect at this appointment.

W
Hey Wobbly, I cantr help you im afraid, as im not from your area, just want to welcomeyou to the site and wish you good luck :) xxx

:welcome:

???

Many thanks for your welcomes. It seems no one from my area has read my post. Please could anyone from any area, give me some idea as to what to expect at the dietician stage, I promise I will not hold you to it, I just need to feel prepared. Or if you could give me an idea as to where it would be best to post this query, as to get an appropriate response, I would be most, most most grateful.

W

They dont have to be from your area,it is a fairly standard procedure.The dietician will ask about your history,eating patterns.Take weight/height etc.They may suggest you do weight management for a few months to see how serious you are.If your area doesnt you will wait to see a doctor when he will discuss sugical options and give you further appointments for the future.This is all if the dietician thinks you meet the critaria for you pct.I trust you have checked the bospa site for yours and if you need co morbidities.Its often a long stressful time so be prepared.Maz x

hi it looks like we will be newbies together. it will be interesting to compare our journeys :)

yviec1972 said:
hi it looks like we will be newbies together. it will be interesting to compare our journeys :)

Try to support versus compare as not everyone loses at the same rate...it's all about keeping each other motivated x

Big an Bouncy said:
They dont have to be from your area,it is a fairly standard procedure.The dietician will ask about your history,eating patterns.Take weight/height etc.They may suggest you do weight management for a few months to see how serious you are.If your area doesnt you will wait to see a doctor when he will discuss sugical options and give you further appointments for the future.This is all if the dietician thinks you meet the critaria for you pct.I trust you have checked the bospa site for yours and if you need co morbidities.Its often a long stressful time so be prepared.Maz x

Thank you, that's put my mind at rest! The BOSPA site says waiting for information. But my GP didn't think was an issue, I have a BMI of 48 and 3 co morbidities.

yviec1972 said:

Hi Yviec, I'd be glad to compare, support, share, etc etc.

JO28172 said:
Try to support versus compare as not everyone loses at the same rate...it's all about keeping each other motivated x

Thanks Jo, support, compare, help assist listen cry, help... Anyway we can!

WobblyW said:
Thanks Jo, support, compare, help assist listen cry, help... Anyway we can!

Maybe not too many tears tho :)

JO28172 said:
Maybe not too many tears tho :)

I don't know, I think certainly fore weight gain has been an emotional process, I am expecting this journey to be the same, I cry when I'm happy too!

Back