• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The best decision I ever made :-)

bex j88

LETS DO THIS!! New life starts now...

Hi gorgeous peeps

I've just checked into the travelodge round the corner from st Richards. And Its only now just this second dawned on me what I'm going to be doing in the morning!
Yikes!

The start of a new life is unfolding for me right now... I'm on the countdown to a new, better, healthier, happier Bex! :)

I will keep updating as I go along- but in the meantime I wanted to say a massive "Thanks" for all the support, advice and encouragement that you have all shown me, and every other member since the beginning of this journey.

Much love
Bex xx

my nerves have kicked in already and im not being banded until next Thursday. I hope all goes great and you make a speedy recovery. I look forward to reading with interest how you got on.

Good luck ladies :)

New life for me now :)

Hey y'all

Well, I'm now on the other side! Yay!
Was very groggy to start with but i think over the last few years I have had 6 major ops under general that my body is taking longer and longer to recover :-(

Had a snooze and feeling much brighter thankfully.

I have got a 15mil band in (?!) which seems massive but told its better so not complaining.

I've lost 8.5lbs on pre op diet for 7 days so im very happy with that! Let's see what the next few months bring :)

I'm so very lucky to have been given this opportunity to change my life and every day I will count my blessings x

Can i ask, any regrets lisa? Im just dreading being put under for fear of not waking up!

Hi Audrey, no no regrets I would say be as prepared as you can be for the hospital and with foods, drinks, medication etc. for post op and you may be useless for the first week but no regrets and no pain no gain!

Good luck xx

Bex Band: What a wake up call!!...

Hi all

Well, I'm now a week post band and 2 weeks since starting milk diet. In 2 weeks I've lost 16lbs :).

I cannot lie, I haven't found it massively hard as yet. I was lucky to be able to do 3 days milk diet then switch to 4 days low fat/carb/cal diet and lost 8.5lb on that. Since the band I have stuck to my guidelines religiously for fear of damaging anything inside.

My biggest thing that I have learnt so quickly, is that the way I view food must change completely. I had a meeting with the psychological woman at pre assessment, I read the book, but still didn't get it until now.

Eating 3 meals a day, just for FUEL instead of enjoyment? Wow, that's been a big knock to me. My husband is a (very good) chef. Eating has always been a massive part of our lives socially and personally. I know the band is less restrictive than other forms of bariatric surgery, so its more a case of "less" than "can't have" but none the less, in just 6 days I have come to realise the way I used to view food (in my newfound opinion) was only ever heading one way- to destruction!

Even as I write this, I still have trouble getting my head around just 3 meals a day just to feed my "body" instead of my mouth! I'm sure as time goes on I will adjust more, but this has been a massive wake up call for me. It's such a shock to the system!
I hope to continue on the same (right?!) road as I've been lucky enough to get onto and will share my findings every couple of weeks, just in case anyone was Interested, haha!

If anyone would like to share opinions on this I would love to hear...

Thanks for reading
Bex x

Sounds like you are doing a great job and your in the right frame of mind to make this tool work its magic with you making the right choices. Keep it up xx

Hi Bex, I am very interested to hear your story, I am one week pre-op, due to be banded on 21st May, so am very much enjoying hearing all the advice, tips, stories etc., well done you!

Well day 1 of week 2 post op and my scars are still raw but very clean and neat. I've got 5 incisions (I thought there would be 4) but apparently my surgeon always does 5 now... The most painful is the biggest/most bruised which is the one which the port is underneath and stitched to muscle. The pain on this directly after surgery is exactly the same as a REALLY BAD stitch pain you get from exercise (quite ironic I think!) but now its just a dull ache. I'm going back to work next Thursday as I work part time but could easily go back on Monday.

Food wise, I feel very comfortable moving onto the next stage of textures- in fact my body seemed ready on Thursday but I held off til today. I have never been so excited at the thought of omelette, shepherds pie and tuna jacket lol!

In my food diary the last 3 days I've clocked average 575 cals, although my guide book doesn't give a limit at this stage. I am stopping eating at the first sign of being full - I think I've been over actively looking for signs at the moment so probably being a bit too cautious but it can't be doing any harm :) x

You're doing so well hun!! :)

It's been nearly 3 months since I had my wls (lap band) so thought I'd dig out some pics so I can start adding them at milestones. I'm currently at 2 stone lost from 2may

Here goes....

Doing this has made me realise that I actually have no pictures at all of me with my son for the first 20 months of his life! I am so sad whilst I do this :-( but happy I'm starting to take pics now :)

Much love
Bex

Attachments

• image-636712747.jpg
    image-636712747.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 114
  • image-1766112898.jpg
    image-1766112898.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 105
  • image-3857992000.jpg
    image-3857992000.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 104
  • image-4213196023.jpg
    image-4213196023.jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 111
  • image-3730953369.jpg
    image-3730953369.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 104
  • image-119670757.jpg
    image-119670757.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 112
  • image-2448608881.jpg
    image-2448608881.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 114
  • image-201059465.jpg
    image-201059465.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 114
Bex,

That last photo is incredibly precious! I look back on the first 12 years of my sons life and realise that I hardly have any photos with him because of my hatred of being in them.

We are going on holiday next month and I'm going to have some taken by the hotel photographer, I will be about 8 stone lighter than when we went there a few years ago . . .

You look great - well done on your weight loss, and what you're achieving. I too LOVE my band and the fact it has allowed me not only to be alive, but to LIVE my life :)

Bex,

That last photo is incredibly precious!

We are going on holiday next month and I'm going to have some taken by the hotel photographer, I will be about 8 stone lighter than when we went there a few years ago . . .

I too LOVE my band and the fact it has allowed me not only to be alive, but to LIVE my life :)

Thanks TopKat. Yes you are so right- that picture is the very first photo I have ever taken of just me & Max. I got a bit teary when thinking about what that actually meant :-(

I simply cannot wait to see your holiday pics- 8 stone is a monumental amount and I for one am very excited at seeing your success!

It is only now looking back that I realise I have not been really living for the past 3 years- there is a lot of making up to be done! :) and fingers crossed I'm still only halfway to where my final weight loss will be ...

Much love Bex

Congratulations on your loss.

Like you and the others, I have very few photos - in fact none at all - of me with my son.

xx

Back