• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The best decision I ever made :-)

Well done bex. I can only imagine how happy u are with your weight loss. It feels so good to lighter and also to be able to buy cloths from most shops rather than going just to the usual plus size shops like Evans, matalan asda etc.
Keep reaching your goals.

Thanks TopKat. Yes you are so right- that picture is the very first photo I have ever taken of just me & Max. I got a bit teary when thinking about what that actually meant :-(

I simply cannot wait to see your holiday pics- 8 stone is a monumental amount and I for one am very excited at seeing your success!

It is only now looking back that I realise I have not been really living for the past 3 years- there is a lot of making up to be done! :) and fingers crossed I'm still only halfway to where my final weight loss will be ...

Much love Bex

Indeed, I completely agree, I've lost 10 stone (minus 1lb lol) but the last time I went to turkey I was 22 stone, 24 stone at my heaviest at time of surgery. For the first time in my life I feel as if I'm alive, and living and not just surviving.

My son, is a huge motivator for me and lies behind a lot of my decisions to have surgery....it does make you realise and early on I found I was actually mourning for the years of things I missed out on with him purely because of my size. Even something like when we went to Florida there was a slide he wanted to go on which passes through a dolphin pool- I couldn't go on it because I was at the level of max weight and had visions of me getting stuck. I see all those things I missed out on with him which losing weight has really brought home,

So many wasted years and I wish i had done it so much earlier....

Here is to making it up, you're doing great :) x

image-3578622318.jpg

It dawned on me yesterday that I have lost 2stone- yet NOT ONE PERSON at work has said anything to me?! Not one!!!!

I'm putting it down to 1 of 2 things:

Either they all know (from the 2 people/managers I told in confidence...) that I've had a gastric band so don't want to say anything incase they drop themselves in it for "knowing" or

They are all *****es.

??!!

Took 5 stone before anyone noticed my loss!

I'm just at 6.6 stone an people have only just started to comment. I have seen people look me up an down for a while just not say anything. As long as you can feel the benefits don't worry about what other are or aren't saying xx

I think you just have to remember most people are more interested in themselves than anyone else!

I've lost almost 2 stone in the last 4 weeks pre-op, but nobody at work has mentioned it. My mum has, but she knows that I'm preparing for the op.
I think a lot of it is because I'm wearing the same clothes (they're just baggier now) but there's also a level of embarrassment there. It's as though, in asking about weight loss, they'd be pointing out how fat I am. I'm sure someone will ask at some point!

You're doing so well Bex, I'm sure they have noticed but don't want to say anything yet.

Well I've only lost 18lbs so far but everyone at work has commented on how well I'm looking.....I think as they all know about my band they expected it and that's why they can see it - does that even make sense! Lol, people u see everyday don't always notice...you wait until u see someone you haven't seen for a few months! Well done tho, ur doing fantastic x x

Hi all

Well, I'm now a week post band and 2 weeks since starting milk diet. In 2 weeks I've lost 16lbs :).

I cannot lie, I haven't found it massively hard as yet. I was lucky to be able to do 3 days milk diet then switch to 4 days low fat/carb/cal diet and lost 8.5lb on that. Since the band I have stuck to my guidelines religiously for fear of damaging anything inside.

My biggest thing that I have learnt so quickly, is that the way I view food must change completely. I had a meeting with the psychological woman at pre assessment, I read the book, but still didn't get it until now.

Eating 3 meals a day, just for FUEL instead of enjoyment? Wow, that's been a big knock to me. My husband is a (very good) chef. Eating has always been a massive part of our lives socially and personally. I know the band is less restrictive than other forms of bariatric surgery, so its more a case of "less" than "can't have" but none the less, in just 6 days I have come to realise the way I used to view food (in my newfound opinion) was only ever heading one way- to destruction!

Even as I write this, I still have trouble getting my head around just 3 meals a day just to feed my "body" instead of my mouth! I'm sure as time goes on I will adjust more, but this has been a massive wake up call for me. It's such a shock to the system!
I hope to continue on the same (right?!) road as I've been lucky enough to get onto and will share my findings every couple of weeks, just in case anyone was Interested, haha!

If anyone would like to share opinions on this I would love to hear...

Thanks for reading
Bex x

This is why I like this site so much.. it has really helped me with making up my mind as to whether I should go through the surgery in the first place and has given me a glimmer of what is now ahead...thank you Bex .. hope all is going well for you. x

I hate to shatter the image however I still love enjoying my food and don't see it as just fuel. I eat out maybe three times a week, but make wiser choices of really tasty, good quality food in smaller volumes. I make every morsel of food that I pop into my mouth as enjoyable as possible :). I eat my three meals a day plus two/three snacks because my stomach makes awful noises and i can get wind pains if i leave it too long between meals. Also if I get hungry I then eat too quickly and the food on those occasions sometimes bounces right back up. I am lucky because I have lost loads of weight with less of a struggle than other banders ... But I do have lots of focus and I do mentally calculate the right portion size before I sit down to my meal so as I am not too tempted to overeat.

It's funny reading back on my earlier posts made ,me realise how I've adjusted to the band now. I am very similar to Flutterby, as in I can enjoy my food now I e learnt how to manage the food for the better. I don't restrict anything from my diet. More so I will be sensible and know when to stop which I think was my key issue.

Although I'm only losing 1-2lb a week (sometimes staying) I do feel totally in control. instead of stressing on a "stick" week like hundreds of times before on ww I just think "it will come off next week" - and carry on as I was instead of gorging in a fit of misery at not losing.

There's a lot to be said about mind-set when you get wls... its not something I really (seriously) considered much beforehand - but wow! it's just as important as the wls itself... :)

Someone once described weight loss on a bigger person to me and it really made sense. So thought I would share.

Imagine a roll of kitchen towel fresh from the pack - if you remove to pieces from that roll there is barely any visual difference.

Now imagine removing those to pieces closer to the inner roll (target weight) those pieces wrap multiple times around the roll and make a significant visual difference.

At the beginning of any weight loss journey the weight we lose will be felt by the individual but will only be noticeable to others as we get closer to our goal weight (inner roll)

Sorry if I sound like I'm spouting rubbish but this really resonated with me xxxx

Someone once described weight loss on a bigger person to me and it really made sense. So thought I would share.

Imagine a roll of kitchen towel fresh from the pack - if you remove to pieces from that roll there is barely any visual difference.

Now imagine removing those to pieces closer to the inner roll (target weight) those pieces wrap multiple times around the roll and make a significant visual difference.

At the beginning of any weight loss journey the weight we lose will be felt by the individual but will only be noticeable to others as we get closer to our goal weight (inner roll)

Sorry if I sound like I'm spouting rubbish but this really resonated with me xxxx

Omg that really does make so much sense, thanks for sharing! love it :)

Had a check up appointment/3rd fill booked today.
When I got there, the dietician suggested I stay at 3.5mls (no fill) because she felt I was at the right spot !
Was kinda deflated but at the same time still lost 7lb in 4 weeks (since last fill) but because I can eat everything without many problems (?) she felt I was where I needed to be.
The nurse said they try to get away with as small amount of fluid in the band as possible

Had a check up appointment/3rd fill booked today.
When I got there, the dietician suggested I stay at 3.5mls (no fill) because she felt I was at the right spot !
Was kinda deflated but at the same time still lost 7lb in 4 weeks (since last fill) but because I can eat everything without many problems (?) she felt I was where I needed to be.
The nurse said they try to get away with as small amount of fluid in the band as possible

7lbs is really good, well done u. I'm off for my second fill Sunday, I'm currently at 3.5 too, really hope she puts some more in tho as I feel I have no restriction, have lost 1lb this week but feel this was purely down to me making healthier choices, didn't pay all this money to not have restriction! Keep up the good work bex, 7lbs in 4 weeks sounds perfect to me :)

Back