• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

the CAMERA

j0anne

Now I have had a really awful experience with a CT scan and bowel.. (just do not mention gas and balloons to me)...I have had the camera up the bum which was nowhere near as painful as CT scan and dare I say was a pleasant surprise due to it not being painful..

BUT I did not know till other week you have to have the camera down to tummy...any advice and information taken ..has anyone who has sleep apnoea had this and been able to have sedition??

jo

I thought a CT scan was painless (some sort of whole body xray thinggy?) ... must admit I would rather have a camera up the bum than down the throat, but I will do what I have to!

for the gastroscopy they should offer you a choice of sedation or brief general - if you are going to be fit for surgery then you should be fine for this, but if you aren't sure then speak to your team.

best of luck xxxxx

I've had a ct scan mine was painless ?! Not sure I'd like the camera mind. Sorry not really helping with ur questions x

My CT scan was painless, just the cannula going in for the dye. :)

My colonoscopy in the hospital from hell near Brands Hatch that thought they had sedated me but sadly clearly hadn't as I was saying OW, a lot of times, each more loudly than the last. :cry:

2 endoscopy's by my surgeon, fully sedated, had no clue, apparently my eyes were open, 'lights on', 'no-one home'. Asked a 'few' times to make sure I was completely knocked out. First hospital was where I had my surgery under the 30day readmittance insurance, not the most calming of experiences. Next one at Tooting, a really calming, serene and more pleasant afternoon out :)

the CT scan was for my upper bowl...first the cannula that was fine...then the gas pumped into me to blow my bowels up.. then a balloon inserted and blown up to stop gas coming out...was awful

like a labour pain that wouldn't go away for 20 mins while they had me rolling this way and other.....shuddering at the thought.. the camera was easy in comparison...and as for wind! OMG I must have trumped for 2 solid hours to let the gas out

Back