• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The devil we love - what's your poison?

phatmomma

Well i faced the devil himself today in the staff kitchen at work, let me tell you about it...

Well it was around 10am and i thought i'd go grab a cuppa (seeing as my colleague never had one waiting for me at 8.45 when i got into work - selfish mare lol, not really she is lovely). I went into the staff room all safe n serene and unawares - it was as i was putting the water in my drink that i smelt it!

Lovely wholemeal seeded bread in the toaster, a slight hint of burning permeating the air!! Flipping domestics were making their brekky........ Ouch, it smelt divine. I wasn't hungry and grabbed the drinks and headed back to my office...... That smell has been in my head all day - my colleague (who is lovely really) offered me some of her fresh bread she'd just fetched from Greggs. Although not hungry i could have eaten a slice no problem. However i beat that old demon around the back of the head and refused. The old phatmomma would have had the toast, so maybe i am learning as i travel this route!

If i can do it so can you lovely lot. You sometimes have to dig deep and realise it's your nose and your head that wants something, and not hunger striking!

May the force be strong in you Jedi WLS peeps xxx

Well done you!!! Thats my demon...Hot buttered toast...OMG....what would i do for some, i would strip naked and dance in sainsbury's and not worry about frightening small children and old people as i normally would..Whoop whoop for you and your self restraint xxxxx

I have sooooooo many demons to fight, I love toast, butter, crisps, chocolate, sweets, cakes...........need I go on lol. I think one of my main ones is crisps!! Orrible things they are, they shout my name when Im not even thinking about em, they haunt me....I need help!! x

chips with salt and vinegar cam smell them a mile off x

My downfall is pastry... particularly sausage rolls!

My next downfall is my homemade Desperate Dan meat and potato pie... big enough for an army.

My other main downfall is I love chocolate, particularly Cadburys...

But I am looking forward to better health and although I'll never say never... it won't be in the large quantities that I have eaten in the past!

xxx

Allie that has inspired me no end... thank you Angel xxx

oooo well done you! willpower or what! my poisen is anything toasted and buttered!!! AND CHIPS!!!! MMMMMM MMMM MMM OOO AND CRISPS HA XX

p.s. forgot to say... I used to be addicted to peppered salami... now how fattening is that !!!

xxx

Oh i wasn't that saintly, if i'd been hungry i would have had half a slice, maybe a whole one even.....

My point is it's so easy to give into the old ways when you like something! Just because there was room in there for it, there was no need for me to have it cos it smelled good... Gosh i feel so saintly now :) Someone get the Mr Sheen and polish my halo!!! Perlease lol x

I got one on my wall here... I'm going to be throwing you that one Julie! xxx

i finally gave in and had a slice of wholemeal toast this morning, i managed to eat 3/4 of a slice, and my god it was like heaven, i know im only 3 1/2 week post op but i chewed it till it was mush... and it was sooooooooooooooo good and no reaction to it either :)

Mc' Donalds! Quater pounder with cheese or Big Tasty! Yummmmmmmmmm!

And "normal food" like sausage and mash and ANY pasta and pizza!

I am weird like that - snacks (any) can't care less, but a nice meal!!! Yummm!!!

Aww, and also medium done steak with potatoes and big side salad! yummmmmmmmm

Crisps, nuts and lovely bacon and egg sandwhiches with a builders' cup of tea, now then....... back to reality ;-( lol!

Hahaha... that's given me a belly laugh.... love a big builders mug of tea too! xxx

Back