• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What's your post surgery tool kit?

jaxx

My handbag now weighs a lot more so I can take with me the things I feel I need since having wl surgery. I just wondered what other people had in their post surgery tool kit! I'm being nosey. I'm talking about things that you now can't leave the house without.

My list -

I bought myself a filofax just to keep all the appointment cards and dates in so I don't miss any appointments because I have so many right now. Plus I use it to keep track of my weight loss when I've weighed myself using Boots' scales.

Sugar free sweets incase I get a horrible taste in my mouth or just want something sweet to suck on.

Tube of Aqueous cream as my hands have started getting a bit dry.

Packet of sweetners as some cafes don't have sweetners for cups of tea or coffee.

A teaspoon. Yes I have a teaspoon in my bag lol. I found that some cafes only have plastic stirers rather than spoons and if I'm having soup or something like that for lunch, I prefer a tea spoon rather than a big soup spoon. Plus I take a yoghurt out with me incase I'm hungry.

My handbag hasn't changed too much apart from the sweeteners and the water bottle, but the "toolkit" that i keep in the drawer near the sofa has ! I bought a nice bag to keep all my new medication in and i now have a book to keep a diary of my food and liquid intake, my weightloss record and my measurements record (my head is now 1/2 cm smaller ?? lol !) and all my info from the hospital. I also have hand cream, lip balms and moisturisers handy at all times. I've never used so much body butter in my life !
I'd never actually thought about sugar free sweets ? Which ones do you recommend ? It would be nice to get rid of the taste of milk !

Last week I bought a stanley food thermos, for keeping my slops etc warm when I am out of the house. And a thermos for drinks.

I have my vitamins and iron tabs ant acid and calcium tablets because im rubbish at taking them so if i have a batch in my bag and a batch at home i get round to it through the day at some point , i also have sweetners and mosturiser for my hands and my face as thats dryer than before and a pack of sugar free mints , i need a bigger bag lol

I'd never actually thought about sugar free sweets ? Which ones do you recommend ? It would be nice to get rid of the taste of milk !

I use the ones from Sula which I get from Holland and Barratt. They're really creamy and don't taste of sweetner. There's several different flavours, but I like the Mint and Vanilla ones and the capuccino ones.

I like extra chewing gum's brand of mints...if that makes sense lol. Dead strong and sugar free. Extra mints lol...find in any corner shop or supermarket! x

I like extra chewing gum's brand of mints...if that makes sense lol. Dead strong and sugar free. Extra mints lol...find in any corner shop or supermarket! x

The ones in the tin? my daughter used my empty tin to put her first lost tooth in that she lost on tuesday lol (mints are nice though) lol god knows how the tooth fairy carried that:flirt2:

Back